Thursday, January 19, 2006

Writer can have his block back.


I've reached an all-time low. In all seriousness, I cannot think of anything to write about. Well, the Chinese New Year is coming up (year of the monkey), so my New Year's resolution will be to write something good. Yep Yep.
Well, anyway, because of the cinder block called writer's, I've resorted to the worst thing ever. I'ts cliche, it's lame, and no one actually ever reads them: Internet survey thingys:
(this one I mooched from Amanda's blog)

***W O U L D Y O U R A T H E R***
1. pierce your nose or tongue?: I'm afraid to answer this one. What a good start, eh? I'll say nose because a small stud wouldn't be so bad. And I'd rather not get my dentist upset at me about a tongue piercing.
2. be serious or be funny?: How about seriously funny?
3. drink whole or skim milk?: Skim.
***A R E Y O U***
1. simple or complicated: Simply Complicated.
***D O Y O U P R E F E R***
1. flowers or angels?: If one of them were to appear in my room right now, angels definately.
2. gray or black?: That's kind of up in the air, well actually, if it were in the air, I'd prefer a gray sky to a black one.
3. Color or Black and white photos?: Sepia.
4. lust or love?: Love. I mean, honestly.
5. sunrise or sunset?: Either. They don't really have them in Utah. Stupid mountains blocking the sun...
6. M&Ms or Skittles?: M&Ms. I'm not a big fan of candy posing as fruit.
7. rap or rock?: Well, well, well. Rock, although I've heard some good rap, too.
8. staying up late or waking up early?: I want to say waking up early because I get more done, but I do like staying up late on occasion if the company is desirable.
9. eating apples or oranges?: And apple away keeps the doctor away. I have a good orange story, though. I'll share it some time.
***A N S W E R T R U T H F U L L Y***
1. do you like anyone?: yes, I usually like everyone.
2. do they know it?: What do you expect me to do, get on television and announce to the world that I like everyone so that everyone can know it? Come on! I'm a poor college student.
3. are you going out with them?: I'm taken already so I can't start dating the population of the world willy nilly.
4. are you married to them?: I don't think they allow plural marriage in the States, do they? But in case, here is a proposal: World and the people in it, would you all marry me? No? Okay then, I'll be satified with a kiss now and again.
***D O Y O U P R E F E R***
1. being hot or cold?: Like I have a choice? I'm already hot. Preference is not an issue. You can't stop this hotness.
2. sun or moon?: Sun. The moon and I have issues. Stupid full moon...
3. Winter or Fall?: Fall. Winter is nice the first 3 days, but the moment the snow gets all salty and slushy and dirty, pack your bags.
4. left or right?: Choose the right, when a choice is placed before you. Except that I have some tendecies to the left. I'm not talking politics. I find left-handed men strangely attractive sometimes. Ok. I've got weird fettishes. Thank you.
5.having 10 acquaintances or 2 best friends? This is difficult because I really haven't had a "best friend" since 3rd grade. I don't really know what a best friend is like, so how can I prefer one?
6. sun or rain?: Rain. Hard falling, large drops of rain. The kind that standing out in the yard for 15 seconds will leave you drenched in wetness. There isn't a better type of rain to dance in, umbrella-less and fancy-free.
7. vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream?: Cookies and cream.
8. vodka or Jack?: Beer, of the root variety.
***A B O U T Y O U***
1.What time is it?: 9:33 am MST
2.Name?: TopHat
3.Nickname?: "Supreme Queen of all things Awesome or Helicopters" You can't tell I just made that up, can you?
***W H A T D O Y O U W A N T***
1. Where do you want to live?: Celestial Kingdom. Ok. Fine. Chicago. They're practically the same, and once I become mayor of Chicago, she'll be translated anyway. Zion here I come. Anyway, I've always thought about being a guru living on top of a mountain. Hey! I could live on the top of the Sears Tower and people could come up and ask me questions about life like "What's the meaning of spoons?"
2. How many kids do you want?: Now? None. Later? 2. I guess 3 or 4 wouldn't be so bad, though.
3. What kind of job do you want?: The kind that pays me to breathe.
***U N I Q U E***
1. Nervous Habits?: Talking to myself, inanimate objects, biting my nails, fidgeting, interupting the speaker, making good jokes at the the wrong times.
2. Are you double jointed?: No.
3. Can you roll your tongue?: Yes, but I've never rolled sushi.
4. Can you raise one eyebrow?: I raise plenty of eyebrows. You should see me walk home from school. I'm an eyebrow raising maniac.
5. Can you cross your eyes?: Can you cross your T's?
6. Do you make your bed daily?: yes.
***F O O D***
1. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?: Twirl. and twirl and whoooop!
2. Have you ever eaten Spam?: No.
3. Favorite ice cream flavor?: Cold.
4. How many kinds cereal are in your cabinet? One.
5.What's your favorite beverage?: Lemonade.
6. What's your favorite restaurant?: Bennigan's...mmm...Monte Cristo...
7. Do you cook?: Not only do I cook, but I can burn my hand doing it. That takes talent, my friends.
***G R O O M I N G**
1. How often do you brush your teeth?: 2-3 times a day.
2. Hair drying method: Get the water out. Isn't that how everyone dries their hair? That's like the definition of drying.
3. Have you ever dyed/highlighted your hair?: Yes. It's currently both red and blond.
***M A N N E R S***
1. Do you swear?: I have, but I don't do it on a regular basis. I try to watch myself.
2. Do you ever spit: No. That's just rude.
3. You cook your own food: Aye, aye, captain.
4. You do your own chores?: Yes. Who doesn't?
5. You got laid today? No. What type of girl do you think I am?
6. You like beef jerky? not so much
7. You like pepsi or coke? Dr. Pepper
8. You plan on going to college? Destination: Achieved.
9. You're happy with your hair? Usually, but today I let it do what it felt like and I'm not so happy with it. That's the last time I allow my hair to have agency.
10. You own a dog? No. But I do own a rubik's cube.
11. You spend your money wisely? Yes, yes I do.
12. You're always making new friends? always? Well, I do have a difficult time making friends while I'm brushing my teeth. I mean, it's not like there's a line of people that I can constantly meet anytime anywhere.
13. You like to swim? Heck yes.
14. You got bored so you call a friend? Not often, but I think I've done that a couple times.
15. You're patient? If by patient you mean "not at all ever patient," yes. I can be patient when I want to be, it's not like I'm hurrying off to die. I can wait for that.
16. You like this survey? Actually, whoever wrote this survey has bad grammar and I'm a little annoyed at the moment.
***LET'S BE HONEST***
In the last month have you...
1. Had sex: No.
2. Bought something: Yes.
3. Gotten sick: Sick? I woke up with swollen lymph nodes on Monday, but it's over now. My sicknesses usually last about 8 hours and then go away and only show up every 3 months at the soonest.
4. Sang: Yes and very well off-key, thank you. I've reached celestial glory in bad singing. You can beam me up now, St. Pete.
5. Been kissed: Yes. I've also been the kisser a few times this past month. Carolyn...you shall not escape me!
7. Felt stupid: Yes.
8. missed someone?: Yes. I miss everyone all the time. I'm missing you right now. Why don't you give me a call or something so there's no more missing?
9. Got drunk: If by drunk, you mean "lemonaded", and by lemonade, you mean "not hard" lemonade, then yes. I get drunk every night. Hooray for lemonade.
10. Gotten high: My current elevation is 4549 feet, although I've flown pretty high in an airplane.
11. Danced crazy: Define crazy.
12. Gotten your hair cut: Yes. And not just one!
13. Watched cartoons: No. Wait. Anime...
14. Lied: This is a false statement.
Last Person that...
1. Slept in your bed: me. it is my bed.
2. saw you cry: seriously cry? I keep that to myself, although God likes to peek in every once and a while.
3. Made you cry: People don't make people cry. Onions make people cry.
4. You Went to the movies with: McKay. No wait. My family during Christmas.
5. You went to the mall with: Myself. I like shopping alone. It's quicker.
7. You went to dinner with: McKay and his brother (+wife) and his best friend (+wife). Ack! I hang with married people!
9. Said 'I love you' to you: My mom? Carolyn? God? I'm not sure exactly.
10. Broke your heart: People don't break hearts, bad situations and miscommunication break hearts.
11. Made you laugh: Actually, I have no idea. I try not to laugh at people. Wait. No I don't. I laugh at everything. Maybe McKay. or Megan.
12. Bought you something: John.
13. Hugged you: McKay Todd Farley.
Have You Ever...
1. Said "I Love You" and meant it: Yes. I mean it every time I say it.
2. Got in a fight with a pet: A pet? peeve? I really don't fight pet peeves. Maybe I should. I think I'll start a pet peeve boxing show. It'll be number one on all the national networks and broadcast over all the world. It'll be the new olympic event.
3. Been to California: No. I haven't. I hear they have a nice variety of fruits and nuts, though. Tee Hee. Oh I really don't mean that, McKay. Well, ok I do. Sort of.
4. Been to Mexico: No. But my roommate has. She's from Mexico. Pretty cool, eh?
5. Been to China: No. Alas, I haven't.
6. Been to Canada: Yes. Hooray for the Niagara Falls. and various train rides.
7. Been to Europe: Yes. Germany.
8. Wished you were the opposite sex: I once had a dream in which I was a boy, but I kind of like being female. Actually I love being female. Girls are prettier. And curvier. And prettier.
9. Snuck out of your house: Yes...
10. Gave money to a homeless person: No. Next time I will. Except I don't carry money on my person. What's the exchange rate for high fives?
11. Surfed: no.
Wait, that's it? That was kind of a disappointing ending. Isn't it supposed to be grandios?
Well, that's it. I'm still battling writer's block, but now you all know about me. Kind of. Except for the fact that I don't like earwigs. And now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.