Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Cubicle

I work in an office and have a desk job. At first, I thought it would be fun to have a little cubicle all to myself.

It's not.

Gray walls, white ceiling. Computer staring at me with flickering eyes.

It's a good job, but the windowless corner of the Clyde building is needing something...like a tree.

My new boss was so quick to point out all the "good" traits of the office. There's a refridgerator and a microwave. And there's scenic pictures on the walls. But working eight to five is a hard thing. I think I'm actually busier now than during the school year. Go figure.

And there's a huge report due next Tuesday because the people funding us are coming down then.

And my boss doesn't know my name.

He keeps calling me "Heidi."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.