Friday, February 23, 2007

Lent and a half

So I completely missed Mardi Gras. I don't even remember Tuesday night. No, I was not drunk; I was taking an analysis test, which, medically*, creates the same effect. And then, I forgot that Wednesday was Ash Wednesday and Lent had begun. I'd have made a TERRIBLE Catholic, the way I am about remembering their holidays. So here I am, three days later, giving something up for Lent. Let's see here...what really needs giving up? I couldn't give up semicolons; I love them too much.

Okay. We'll make a deal. Me and the god of Lent. How about instead of giving up something this year, I decide to take on a good habit**. Sounds good to you? Me, too. I've decided to run.

Ok. I can't stand running, but I know it's good for me. I'm going to do it. You can't stop me! Except that it snowed this morning, which will make running more unpleasant than it already was. Alas!


*Study still yet to be done, but I know it's true. You should see me after those tests! It's scary! It's kind of like how I was this morning, or any time after I eat***.

**No, I'm not trying to pull one over on you; we all know I've decided to take on a good habit because I'm too fond of my bad ones.

***Food has the same effect on me as it does a 7 year old: energy beyond necessity. I keep telling McKay to stop feeding me and I'll stop playing helicopter in the living room (you know, spinning in a circle with your arms out), but he insists on buying food. Silly man.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! But I must say, I'm enjoying this slew of posts!

    As for running, why run? Why not walk? Or perhaps a friendly jog? Just a question...

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.