Thursday, March 01, 2007


Happy Women's History month, everybody! I'm so excited about it! Women's history is so fascinating! Don't forget to experience and celebrate it!

Cool ways to celebrate women this month:

March 8- International Women's Day. In Russia, men and boys will give flowers to the women in their lives. How sweet!
March 12- Girl Scout Day
March 17- The 165th anniversary of the organization of the Relief Society, which now has 5.2 million female members in 170 different countries!
March 18- My mom's birthday! If I can get Rick to relent, we'll be giving her an awesome gift. If I can't, then I'll be giving her an awesome gift.
March 20- National Quilting Day (I know not all quilters are women, but the history of the quilt is very tied with women's roles at home and in the work force)
March 21- First day of Spring!

Interestingly, I don't know if they planned it, but today the school paper did a large insert about domestic violence and helping women to get out of abusive relationships. The front page also had an article on anorexia and overcoming eating disorders. Although neither of these topics are solely women's issues, they typically involve women.

I'm also planning on knitting many things for many women this month, and finish my brother's scarf, but first, I'm off to apply for graduate school (application due: TODAY!)


  1. Oooh! Is it safe to say that I may be one of those women to receive such a lovely gift?! Just kidding! But seriously, I'm going to get a better pic to you of my headband. Love that thing!

    ps- i had to do the word verification thing like 50 billion times! no joke.

  2. What awesome gift am I getting?


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.