Monday, March 05, 2007

Salty

In Sunday school yesterday, Sister Parry was giving the first lesson on the Sermon on the Mount. It was a very nice lesson. I enjoy the Sermon on the Mount very much, but I enjoy shenanigans much more.

We go to Sister Parry and her discussion on the salt of the earth:
"So, can anyone give me some characteristics of salt?"

(me, to McKay under my breath): "It makes you retain water."
However, we were sitting in the first row, within 3 feet of Sister Parry and, well, she heard my smart-alecky comment, and to me says:

"I agree with you, but I'm not going to share that with the rest of the class."

A little embarrassed from being caught, I attempt to smooth over everything:

"Oh, but you see, Christ is the living water! We can retain that."

Right... good one.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! Now THAT is a good one! I think I'm going to tell everyone I know... Hahahahaha, just can't get over it... funniest and cleverest thing I've read in the past five minutes (ok, more like the past 5 days, and then some...)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.