Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Why I can't eat wheat bread.

Dear Beth,

This should clear up some misconceptions that wheat bread is good for you.

Once upon a time, I started working mostly full-time (30 hours/week) in the building currently known as Clyde. The Clyde building is a beautiful structure with scenic views. It is the filled with bright students and desperate men, commonly known as engineers. Why wouldn't a nice young lady want at job there? Well, of course beside the fact that I was engaged when I started working there. :) Well, I got a job. It was wonderful: my own cubicle.

Well, being engaged, my fiance and I decided last summer to be more healthy: we bought whole wheat bread and used it for our sandwiches.

But something happened last summer... something only a square-shaped workplace could do:
ruined my lunch.

Wheat bread reminds me of lunch, which reminds me of eating wheat sandwiches in the gray cubicle of doom. And now I can no longer stomach wheat bread. I get this icky feeling inside me and start hallucinating: the cubicle will get you, too!

Sincerely,
Top Hat

3 comments:

  1. Dear Top Hat,

    Fine, what about multi-grain bread? Or the sissy wheat bread they have in stores? Maybe you should just eat wraps and forget sandwiches altogether...

    Yours truly,
    Beth

    PS- I believe that wheat bread is still good for you, it's computers and suffocatingly gray cubicles that are not. Get your facts straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Beth,

    I don't know how to make a wrap.

    Love,
    Top Hat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Top Hat,

    Yes you do, don't give me that.

    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.