Wednesday, June 27, 2007

ACASN*

*A Contest and Some News

So the news first. I just got a phone call. While trying to process my gradution requirements, it was found that I only have 117 credits instead of the required 120. Ack! So I've been runnning around trying to add another 3 credits before the time is up! And since we'll be gone this weekend, I have to really hurry my hiney.

But anyway,

Onto the contest!


Welcome to the Acronym Contest!
The AC will last for 2 weeks (July 2-July 14) minus Sundays and holidays (aka the 4th).

What I'll do: Every morning, I will draw random Scrabble letters from a sack and post them on my blog in the order that they are drawn.


What you'll do: You will leave comments on my blog, coming up with creative acronyms. For example, if I draw DSIV, you can post "Dangerous Scooters in Vermont" or "Don't serve Internet visitors" or "Drunk Skunk Invokes Vandalism." The more creative, the better. I'll choose the ones I like best and order them 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Points will be rewarded: 1st: 10 pts, 2nd: 7 pts, 3rd: 4 points. There will also be a free participation point for every day you enter, but do not place.

Every few days or so, I'll increase the number of letters in the acronym to allow for a greater challenge and more creative freedom!

Additional requirements: Only 1 entry a day. If you find a more creative one later, you may delete your previous comment and add a new one. Use clean language and imagery. If I deem it to be inappropriate, I will delete your comment and you will receive no points. This includes (but is not limited to) swearing, sexually/graphically explicit content or references, etc. Please, keep it G, for GREAT!

The first day of this contest will be July 2nd. Look for some letters there!

Oh I forgot to mention what the winner(s?) will win... I don't know yet... It'll be good, though.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really rad contest. I will be sure to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! I hope I win...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a ton of fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.