Tuesday, September 18, 2007


Dear World,

I've always believed that there is hope for you, but sometimes you do amazing things and PROVE to me that there is hope. Today a young man that I went to school with in elementary, middle, and high school sent me a message apologizing for how he treated me in middle school. Frankly, I don't remember a single thing he did. I know that I got made fun of and that school became unbearable to me because of it, but I don't remember his direct part in all that. Anyway, I can't believe he apologized. It was very nice of him to do that. And it just tickled me! And here's why:

My little brother, who's 10, has been having problems at school with some kids picking on him. The picking on him is actually pretty extreme- probably worse than I ever had it (and I had it pretty bad). Anyway, I was discussing with McKay how children treat each other. If I had been a bully llike the kids Jared has to deal with, I'd feel terrible as a person, especially as an adult looking back on what I had done. I then asked McKay, "Do you think they'll ever look back and realize what they did? Do you think they'd regret it or apologize?"
McKay responded, "No."
I followed up with a, "Yeah, probably not."

And then 2 days later, I get a message from one of the people who had done that to me, apologizing and trying to make amends. So maybe we were wrong and that, someday, the children who bully my brother will apologize.

Maybe. Well, it's possible.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Loved this Heather. Thanks for sharing.


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.