Wednesday, October 17, 2007

FYI

We felt the baby move yesterday. Well, now that I can recognize it, I've been feeling it for awhile. I kept telling myself it was just my intestines moving around because I didn't want to be disappointed if I found out it wasn't the baby.

Then yesterday, whilst reading the newspaper, I felt three pulses: Dun-Dun-Dun. (about 90 beats/minute for those of you who care)

"That's a hard pulse," I thought to myself.

Then it stopped.

"Pulses don't just stop on their own. I'm still alive," I continue thinking.

Then 2 more quicker pulses: Du-Dun (about 120 beats/minute).

"My pulse don't change like that and my intestines don't do that either." After ruling out the possible suspects, the baby gets blamed for kicking/hitting/headbutting me.

When McKay came home, I lied down in various positions: side, back, other side, to find a good position for him to get a good kick. He got 2! Right under my belly button!

So now that I know how it feels, I notice it some throughout the day- even right now a little.

And not only is it fun and amazing to feel a baby move around, it's further proof that lack of formal prenatal care doesn't kill the baby. Baby's alive, I promise.

Meanwhile, I haven't gained weight since the beginning of September. I KNOW my belly is getting bigger, though. I had someone tell me that I'm starting to "show" and I had another person straight up ask me when I'm due- she then realized that that could have been rude. Luckily for her, I am pregnant and not just fat and had an answer for her. But if my belly's getting bigger, why aren't I gaining weight? (I'm hoping this means other places are getting smaller: ie. my rear or my thighs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.