Friday, October 05, 2007

Why did you say that?

So I've called about 3 different doctor's offices to schedule an appointment. I don't know what it is, but secretaries say the weirdest things. This conversation happened with 2 different secretaries.

"So when was your last period?"
"June 5."
And then I wait for them to say something...
"So you're how far along?"
"17 weeks"
More waiting.
"We usually like to see you between 8 and 10 weeks."

Now, what I really want to say is, "So the doctor won't see me?" or "Do you own a time machine so I can fix that?"

I really don't know why they say that. It's not like I can change the fact that I'm in my second trimester now. Ugh.

So I technically have an appointment for next Wednesday, but I'm not sure about it. It's with one of the offices that gave me the "between 8 and 10 weeks" line, so I'm not crazy about them. It's kind of off-putting... and... rude. Oh well, what can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.