Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Baby Beluga

This isn't the best picture ever, but I guess it'll do. It's from last Friday. As you see, I'm getting a little heavy around the middle.

And it's all happened in the last couple of weeks, too. I guess after not gaining a pound for 2 months, it was going to catch up to me sometime...

Interestingly enough, I felt the baby kick higher than I've felt before: an inch or so below my rib cage. I'm glad it's not there yet, but I'm getting a little nervous about that.

And one last thing. Last night when I was saying my prayers before bed, I thought about how we like to pray for the baby to be healthy and strong. I know some family and friends read this blog, so I'd like to ask a favor: please don't pray for it to be BIG and strong. Healthy is a much safer word. :)

I was thinking about that last night and then I had this dream about having the baby...

I had it here at home (like we're planning on) and when the baby came out, it was a nice, healthy size. It even latched on well in my dream. In fact, after 2 feedings (somehow I could tell how time was passing in my dream), I decided to weigh the baby in my dream because we forgot to when it was born.

Well, I found a scale, weighed the baby, and after two feedings, the baby was 36 lbs! So yes. Please don't pray for that.


And unfortunately, I don't remember the gender of the baby in the dream. Although I had a boy dream the other night. I still think the girl dreams are outweighing the boy dreams, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.