Monday, November 05, 2007

Daylight Savings

Well, gaining an hour didn't help very much. McKay and I were kind of ill, so the extra hour of sleep wasn't actually any extra.

But hey, I guess I can look forward to losing an hour March 9!

But that date sounds vaguely familiar...

Oh RIGHT! This baby should be born sometime March 8-13 depending on what you use to determine due dates! Lucky me! Not only do I get to lose sleep over labor/newborn, I also get to lose sleep with the rest of America!


Pardon my sarcasm. I'm not really that bitter, but it seems I should be. Ok, maybe not bitter, but for some reason people consider "pregnancy" and "having a miserable time" equivalents . This past weekend, when we were out at dinner on Saturday night, every female in the party asked me at some point "if I'm feeling alright." Scratch that--every female who spoke to me; one didn't, but that's not unusual.

Do I look ill? Does being pregnant mean I'm going to drop dead any second? I hope not. I responded cheerily enough: "I'm feeling great! Should I feel bad? I haven't been sick in months."

One, though, probably to increase my optimism, told me, "Don't worry; it'll get worse later on."

Hey, thanks! I like the encouragement!


Ok. So I have a little more sarcasm in my system than usual. I'll be more light-hearted later this week.

1 comment:

  1. oooh! my sister-in-law is due on march 9, but she always goes 9 days early, which would put her on LEAP YEAR DAY. i think you should aim for that, too!

    (not that you have pretty much any control at all over that, but it's a worthy goal all the same!)

    pretty much i can't have a baby this leap year day, so i'm wanting everybody else to have the fun of it!

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.