Tuesday, November 27, 2007

More birth stuff in the mix

This week should be a big one- that trip really took its toll on me. I have quite a week planned!

First, I need to finish cleaning the house (aka- do the dishes)! Tomorrow is an LLL meeting and I wanted to go and ask some questions. Thursday we're eating on campus- a company is giving CS majors + their families a holiday dinner.

So by Friday I should be able to relax. Now that Thanksgiving is over, we have time to think about buying all that stuff we've been waiting to buy. We're going to buy a fetoscope (though I'm sure a regular stethoscope would be enough for us to hear the baby on our own). That baby is kicking kicking kicking. I also need to get Laura Shanley's book. I meant to get that months ago, but things keep coming up. And it looks like I'll need more maternity clothes. I've realized that my big t-shirts won't last me forever. There's also some Christmas shopping I need to do: yarn for more presents, McKay's gifts. One of my visiting teachees is expecting at the beginning of this month and I'd like to get her something. And Monique is getting married, so there's another little expense for her bridal shower.

But hey, I'm doing alright. A little stressed about getting stuff done, but it's not so bad. It's not like I can do much about it; there are only 24 hours in a day.

And for those who are interested, there's a Trust Birth Conference next year. However, not only do I not have enough money to go, but I should be having a baby pretty close to those dates. McKay and I'll have to have our own little "Trust Birth Conference" at home. Though, it'll have less speakers and more baby-catching than the real conference. :)


How can I explain how excited I am about this birth? I'm REALLY looking forward to it. I'm really excited to be in labor. Not that I don't love being pregnant- I do. It's lots of fun, but I think the birth will be lots of fun, too. I'm so glad McKay wants to be there- I've always been worried that my husband wouldn't like to watch it- think it was too gross or something. Of course McKay is too awesome to think that. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, how was AZ?! And where in the jiblets (sp?) are all of the pictures?! Also, I'm glad you're excited for the birth. Me too (especially since I won't be going through it!)!

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.