Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Quickie

After reading Beth's post, the Board drama about this talk, and re-reading that talk and a couple others, I feel like I should say something. Unfortunately I have a cold and not only is my nose congested, it feels like my brain is too.

But I do want to say that motherhood has been on my mind (probably because of what's in my belly). I wish I could say that I've always had a firm testimony of motherhood, but I haven't. When I was younger, I couldn't wait to be a mother someday. Sometime between then and now, I sort of lost that. Now with impending motherhood and knowing I should probably gain something resembling a stronger testimony of motherhood, I've been doing a lot of reading on the subject. I'd just like to say that I appreciated the talks from Relief Society General Meeting and General Conference.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go to bed. Yes, it's 6:30. I'm planning on reading for half and hour and then sleeping. Maybe it'll help my cold. And I need to drink lots of water. Surprisingly, I read today that Red Raspberry Leaf tea is good for colds; it's also good for feminine reproductive systems (and pregnancy!). Maybe I should invest in that for this winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.