Thursday, December 20, 2007

Boredom

So today went like this:
Wake up.
Run to the post office.
Sew.
Knit.
Internet.
Knit.
Internet.
Knit.
Internet.
etc.

So basically I was bored to tears. When I got tired of knitting, I checked my email. When I got tired of that, I knitted. McKay was taking finals and I was just sitting here. I feel bad for the baby because usually it gets to hear my voice all day, but today I just sat in the quiet. I sang to the baby a little because I felt bad about it not hearing me.

I even talked to my mom a couple of times and my sister and even my dad once.

I was getting to the point where I was about to call my visiting teachers and ask them to come and sit while I knit so I'm not lonely.

Usually in situations like these, I call Carolyn or somebody. Well, Carolyn had a baby yesterday and her family is in town, so I figured I'd try at a different time. And all the somebodies I know are in school and are either taking finals or studying or have finished and gone home for the holidays. Hooray for college towns. I wonder how many people will be at church on Sunday.

I am so glad that I have a job. I can't imagine doing this every day. I know once I have the baby, I'll be home alone with the baby lots, but at least I'd be able to find people in town in March. Christmas is just a bad time for catching people. And people are probably more willing to come over if you have kids. Who wants to talk to a pregnant woman? Not many people. Who wants to coo over a baby? Pretty much every female I know.


I know, I know. Poor me. I get winter break. Wah wah wah.

1 comment:

  1. You could have called me... except I'm not at home and don't really like talking on the phone, unless you were my mother. Hmmm. Well, you know I'm always up for a good online chat! I just LOVE finals (what's the sign for an eye roll???)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.