This was on my google homepage.
"With Epcot Center the Disney corporation has accomplished something I didn't think possible in today's world. They have created a land of make-believe that's worse than regular life."- PJ O'Rourke
Seeing this quote reminded me of a Saturday a couple of weeks ago. We were eating lunch with McKay's mom and Deveren and Kiara when Disney was brought up...
I'll admit, I almost dissed Disney in front of very big Disney fans, but I caught myself (barely).
Let's just say Disney is right up there in righteousness along with Walmart, McDonald's, and Microsoft.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
This was on my google homepage.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
It's very simple, it all depends on how you start a proof.
(a) Let p be an odd prime...
(b) Let epsilon greater than 0 be given...
(c) Let G be a group...
(d) Suppose not...
If you answered:
(a) You are a number theorist
(b) You are an analysist
(c) You are an algebraist
(d) You are a topologist
The hardest for me is the "suppose not." It's just not intuitive to me.
Thursday, January 18, 2007
"For the past three years, these things do happen! And did you stop them from happening? No! And you two - you're as bad as him! "These things do happen!" Ma... until you stop these things from happening, this thing does not happen! Ubaldo! Andiamo! Bring my doggy and my boxy!"
So today, what happened? My chicken noodle soup for lunch decided to spill inside my backpack, getting my books and papers wet. And now my backpack smells like dead chicken.
And it was an awesome backpack! I got it for Christmas 2 years ago.
We're going to try to wash it, although the tag on the inside says to "spot clean only." If we don't clean it out, I'll have to get a new backpack without Essence of Chicken. If we ruin, we'll have to get a new backpack, anyway.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
I mooched this 2006 questionaire from Emily Fuller. I hope she doesn't mind.
1. Did you have a new year's resolution this year? Do well in school. That's always my resolution.
2. Who kissed you at midnight? Nobody.
3. Does it snow where you live? Heck yes.
4.Do you like hot chocolate? Not really.
5. Have you ever been to times square to watch the ball drop? Nope.
1. Who was your Valentine in 2006? McKay
2. What did your valentine get you? I don't remember, but I do know he proposed that weekend. I got him a tie pin for Valentine's.
3. When you were little, did you buy Valentine's for your whole class? Yes.
1. Are you Irish? My dad's side is mostly Irish. Good ol' British Isles
2. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day? Of course!
3.What did you do for St. Patty's Day in 2006? I went to class!
1. Do you like the rain? Yes.
2. Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year? No?
3. Do you get tons of candy on easter? Easter, Easter. I don't remember. My mom probably sent me some candy.
1. What's your favorite kind of flower? All kinds.
2. Do you like the spring? Of course!
3. Finish the phrase: April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Your mom!
4. What would you think of as a spring color? Yellow. Really anything pastel.
1. What year did you graduate from school? 2004
2. Did you go on a Vacation? Yeah. A vacation to college.
1. What did you do on the 4th of July? It wasn't on the fourth, but we went up to the temple and watched Stadium of Fire from the hill.
2. Do you go on any vacations during this month? I did not. I stayed at school all month.
1. Did you do anything special to end your summer? I got married and had a honeymoon.
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '06? Getting married. It was a lot of fun (and still is).
3. Did you go swimming a lot this summer? On our honeymoon, we went to the Wisconsin Dells and stayed at the Kalihari (largest indoor waterpark in America) and then we went to Noah's Ark (largest outdoor waterpark in America), so Yes. Yes I did go swimming.
4. Do you go to the beach a lot? We went to California for the second reception and my mom and I put our feet in the Pacific Ocean, but it was northern California and it was COLD.
1. Did you attend school/college in '06? Yes.
2. Who is/was your favorite teacher? Dr. Doud
3. Do you like fall better than summer? I like the Halloween/football feeling, but it doesn't beat summer.
1. What was your favorite halloween costume ever? I was the ocean in sixth grade. I also was a domino one year.
2. What is your favorite candy? Butterfingers
3. What did you dress up like this year? Charlie Brown
1. Whose house do you usually go to for Thanksgiving? My house!
2. Do you like stuffing? It's ok.
3. What are you thankful for? Everything. My family, my opportunities to go to school, Christ, agency, etc.
1. Do you celebrate Christmas? Yes, yes I do. CELEBRATE!
2. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe? Yes! Poor Megan, she had to see it.
3. What do you want this year for Christmas? To be surprised.
4. What's the best present you ever got for Christmas? FMA the movie!
5. Do you like cold weather? Yes, as long as I'm bundled up.
2006 is OVER
In 2006, did you...
fall in love with someone that was just a friend?:
Well, McKay was my boyfriend at the beginning of the year, so I guess he wouldn't be considered "just a friend," but he's my friend, so I'm going to say yes? no?
fall in love at all?:
Yes. I fall in love everyday
lose any friends?:
I grew distant from friends, but I didn't lose them.
make any new friends?:
make any new enemies?:
Yes, I suppose. Or more like enemy relationships were more defined as the year progressed.
develop any new hobbies?:
Sure. Now I don't do my dishes for months on end. There's a hobby for you.
do anything you regret?:
Yeah, but you move on.
go to any parties?:
Yes. I went to a reception for a friend of mine and a couple of bridal showers (including for myself) and my own reception.
I got married. That's an accomplishment, I'd say
make much money?:
Yeah. I made a lot of money over the summer.
attend a wedding?:
Yes. I've said that a few times, haven't I?
attend a funeral?:
No, but everybody keeps dying.
get any new family members?:
I inherited a dozen or so of nieces and nephews in August.
Moved away from Glenwood, but really, it's just a mile down the street.
gain any new perspectives?:
Of course. Everyday. You have to. It's a part of keeping up with your progression.
get into a verbal fight?:
I'm pretty sure I did, but I can't remember. Those are the only ones I get in.
get into a physical fight?:
attend any sporting events?:
wreck your car?:
get a new car?:
I got a new car by marriage. It's a 1991, though, so not new.
make any big purchases?:
McKay's wedding band, a wedding dress, tickets to go home for Christmas, tuition, etc.
get fired from a job?:
get a raise at a job?:
Yes. $9.50, baby!
Yes. I can prove Euclid's algorithm. And also, we have more agency than we think.
dump your bf/gf?:
No. I got married!
get dumped by your bf/gf?:
develop any new health problems?:
No. Healthy as a weight-gaining horse.
change as a person?:
Get any new piercings?:
get any new tattoos?:
attend a concert?:
Blue Man Group! I guess that was Jan. 1, 2007, though
travel out of state?:
Yes, to Chicago 3 times and to California once.
read any books?:
Yes. I read lots of books. I finished Innumeracy (Paulos), Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers (all attributed to Moses for God), 3 biographies of Emma Hale Smith, many math books.
travel out of the country?:
spend much money?:
Yes. There was a wedding.
download any music?:
We bought some from iTunes.
try out any new looks?:
I cut my hair shortish. I look like a hotter version of Marilyn Monroe.
eat a food that you had never eaten before?:
Probably. I remember Italian Sausage from Christmas.
go to many parties?:
My life is a party.
start to resent something or someone that you used to like?:
In 2006, how many....
different places did you work?:
One if you count campus, three if you count departments
times did you go out drinking?:
None. Unless you want to consider lemonade.
drugs did you take?:
Just prescription and according to the label. Gosh.
times did you have health problems?:
I was sick a couple of weekends in September.
times did you go to the movies?:
concerts did you attend?:
times did you attend church?:
51, we didn't go the weekend of Labor Day because church was cancelled in California for the temple dedication.
"rough nights" did you have?:
In 2006, what was?
your favorite day of the year?:
August 19, 2006, followed shortly by Dec 23, the day finals were over for me.
your favorite band?:
your least favorite day of the year?:
I don't remember. I block those out.
your favorite movie?:
your favorite song of the year?:
Hey Ho Away We Go!
the biggest event you attended?:
I'd say Scott and Carolyn's wedding because it was bigger than mine, except that I went to MY WEDDING!
something that didn't change at all this year?:
my shoe size
your favorite holiday?:
were you in a hospital this year?:
Yes, for someone else's baby
did you make any big confessions in 06?:
embarrassed about anything you did this year?:
Not really. I forget my embarrassing moments pretty quickly.
what's the best thing to happen to you this year?:
being sealed to McKay and going to the temple for my ordinances
did you meet anyone that you could see yourself marrying:
Not this year, I met him the year before.
did you vote this year?:
No. Stupid DMV and no residency in Utah.
did you bring sexy back this year?:
what? I don't know what that means.
was 2006 a great year, an average year or a bad year?:
It had its ups and downs, but if it didn't, I'd be worried.
what goals did you set for 2007?: Good grades, get into grad school, be a better wife and person in general, do my visiting teaching on time.