Tuesday, January 15, 2008

At least one foot

We've decided that the baby has at least one foot. Last Saturday we listened to its heartbeat with the stethoscope. I then tried to feel around to see if I could find out what position its in. So I feel around for something large and round- which would either be the head or the back. We have an idea of where its body is based on where we hear the heartbeat. I couldn't quite find the head though- it might be hiding under the placenta.

Anyway, I found this little hard piece that I could move around: left, right, up, down. And then the baby moved. I don't think it likes its foot tickled.

In other baby news: lots of dreams of the baby coming early. I had another gender dream and it was a boy. Now the boy dreams are behind by one. It's getting pretty close! Maybe it means we'll have a transvestite.

And I now have less than 2 months to go. It seems like it's going by so fast and it'll be here too soon. We actually have to start looking into buying things, I think. At least babies don't need much: we have a place for it to sleep (our bed- everyone says they end up in your bed anyway because you don't feel like getting out of bed to put them back down), enough food for a year, a few blankets. We need diapers and clothes, I guess.

I'm actually going to have a baby shower- this whole past week I was lamenting how no one's asked me if I'm having one. I have no friends. It shouldn't have bothered me much; I'm not the type of person people want to throw parties for. But THEN I went to Enrichment, and suddenly I have friends and a baby shower. Hooray!


  1. Yay for Enrichment! And babies! And showers...

  2. I actually made a list of what natural mommies need for their newborns:



Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.