Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back to Work

So school was back in session today and I went back to work. I think it's crazy that they have the kids back in school on Jan. 2. I'd say there were about 5+ students absent in each class. I wanted to start them on projects for the next semester, but I didn't want to have to repeat myself again to the absent kids next week.

It was a really slow day. The morning felt SO LONG. The students were tired, the teachers were tired. We were all just dying. By the afternoon, the students were awake and very chatty, but the teachers were still tired.

I can't complain too much: 2 more months and I won't be working there anymore.

What else happened today? Hmm. I went to the chiropractor. I also worked up a list of things I could make for an etsy shop. Crabgirl came by yesterday (we had been crab-sitting her crabs over the break) and I showed her some things I've knit. She loved the DNA strands and the toy dinosaur and said that the socks looked store-bought. Most of those things were made from scraps I had sitting around the house. Hey, I might as well sell the scraps around the house and make a little bit of extra cash. I'm still looking into it, though, but I'm seeing inspiration for knits everywhere now. I'm just imagining what I could sell to people... So much awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.