Friday, January 18, 2008

Feelin' great

So all week, my belly has felt so heavy. The baby's head was in my pelvis. And then something wonderful happened last night while I was watching a movie: the baby flipped around and now its head is up high. I don't know why people get worked up about breech positions; I had the best sleep ever last night. I didn't have any pressure in my lower abdomen and so I could sleep and not wake up achey. Head up babies are so much more comfortable to carry.

I had another baby dream last night. I gave birth to a boy; he was a little blue at first (aren't all babies?), but he pinked up nicely and we named him Harris. He fed great, slept great, and was easy to carry in a sling. It was like having the ideal child. By the end of the dream he was 1 or so and was playing with Scott and Carolyn's kid, Soren. I remember in the dream telling Harris to, "Play nicely with Soren!" It was a nice dream- probably because I actually got real sleep.

Side note: if we do have a boy, we aren't naming him Harris.

I slept in today. We have the day off school and my only obligation today is to see the chiro at 3. This means I should be cleaning up the house so I can enjoy my weekend.

And I'd like to make a plug for the Baby A Baby Swap. There's still plenty of time to sign up and lots of room for more swappers. You can knit or crochet to participate!

2 comments:

  1. My middle child was breech until 35 weeks and it hurt! His head would push up against my ribs or by my heart, oh man was I happy when he flipped!!

    I'm glad "Harris" decided to make you more comfortable :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my child was flipping around until the very hour he was born! But I'm glad you got some good sleep. And I do like the name Harris, if you change your mind... Ooh, and you have a swap! I'll have to advertise it for you (seeing as I don't knit, not even a bit! But I do know people who do.) When's the deadline?

    Please join my swap. It's a sad little thing as of now. Sniff, sniff.
    *B (signed in as someone else)

    PS- does Mr. M have his braces off yet???

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.