Sunday, January 20, 2008

March

I know it's January, but my mind has been thinking a lot about March. It might be because I should have a baby sometime in March. March is a really busy month holiday-wise for me and I've been thinking, "What if the baby's birthday falls on ____ day?"

Days of/near March:
February 29: Leap Year Day
March 8: International Women's Day
March 11: my sister-in-law's birthday
March 14: Pi Day + Einstein's birthday
March 15: The Ides of March
March 17: Anniversary of the organization of the Relief Society, the largest and longest existing women's organization in the world.
March 17: St. Patrick's Day
March 18: My mom's birthday
March 28: My brother's birthday
March in general: Women's History Month

So I'm due sometimes between March 8-20, which is when most of the celebrations are. It's going to be quite the busy month.

I've been thinking a lot about International Women's Day. Last year on IWD, I participated in a demonstration at BYU against violence against women. I was a part of a line of women: one in 3 had a sign that represented sexual assault and one in 8 had a sign representing rape. Those numbers are the statistics for reported rape and assault in Utah.

Our line:

I don't have plans for IWD 2008 this year because March 8 is my ovulation-based due date. I very well could be celebrating IWD by doing the most feminine of all acts: giving birth.

At the IWD website, I found that the Girl Scouts of Utah are having a celebration for IWD on March 6 in Salt Lake if you're in the area.

Also, the Trust Birth Conference will be held March 7-9 in Redondo, CA. I don't know if they planned that over IWD, but it's a nice coincidence.

And in celebration of the anniversary of the organization of the Relief Society, Relief Societies all over the world will be hosting an Enrichment activity to celebrate the birthday. Look into that, also.

So in general, plan your celebrations now! I'm so excited. March has got to be one of the most exciting months in the whole year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.