Thursday, February 14, 2008

Things I love

It appears that the non-blood-related Farley women are doing this. I'll jump on the bandwagon.

(jump)


McKay- He's so patient, calm, and trusting of my decisions. He also encourages me to do what I feel that I need to do. This is important to me. There have been too many times in my life where different people have heard my crazy ideas and have beaten them down. He doesn't do that. I tell him my crazy ideas and thinks that they're great and supports me. And I love him for that. I really need the support.

The baby- I do love the baby. It's been a great baby this pregnancy- hasn't hurt me much. I can still sleep well through the night. In fact, I really think I could easily handle a couple more months of pregnancy- it's been a dream! However, I know that there's less than a month left like this (give or take a few weeks). I hope the baby is as wonderful outside my uterus as it is inside (and I'm sure it will be).

Math- Although I don't want to do it for the rest of my life, I do like to reminisce about how math used to be so fascinating to me. It still is fascinating to me. Today I was remembering a book I got from my third grade teacher that was about what one million means. Math is so magical sometimes.

Women- I love women. I wish women would be more confident in themselves. That's why I love Relief Society and Enrichment- those programs bring women up. I'm also a bit of a feminist. What I really want to do with my life is empower women. Project: Pigeon Hole is about that. I haven't worked on it much lately, but if McKay gets that job in SLC, I'll be able to be closer to my resources. Of course if he does, he'll just have to make enough money for me to be able to acquire my resources over distances. :)

Food- Good food. My tastes in food have definitely expanded since I was little. I like trying new things. My favorite part of eating is the texture of foods. I'll overeat simply because I like the textures in my mouth. I need to watch that over eating thing, though.

Knitting. Knitting is a great past time. I can make beautiful things with my own two hands. For some reason, I don't have much patience for sewing (the machine goes too fast for me and the thread breaks too often for my liking). But knitting: nice and steady and beautiful. I also think it's amazing that something that seems so one dimensional (the string, being a line) can be knotted up so that it's two dimensional (the fabric) or even three (when I make toys). Of course the yarn is really 3 dimensional, but I think you know what I mean.

Peanuts. I love Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Linus, Lucy, all of them! Peanuts addresses a lot of issues and is really political at time. I also like the characters: they are children and they look like children. They aren't children who are drawn to look like miniature adults like so many other cartoon characters. If I get any character-related baby items for my baby showers, I hope they're Peanuts characters.

Snow- We've had lots of it this year and I love it! Without snow, February looks like... gray slush. But it's so beautiful and white!

Green- my favorite part of spring is seeing the buds of new leaves on the trees. After winter, it's refreshing and relaxing to the eyes to see those tiny bits of green.

Getting mail- I think this is self-explanatory.

Being pregnant- it's a lot of fun, not as bad as everyone wants to make it out. I've been getting a lot of "Are you sick of it yet?" questions. No! It's great! It's fun! I could do this forever (and in a strange eternal perspective, I might).

Balloons- who doesn't love balloons?

I'm sure there's more things I love. In the words of Linus VanPelt, "I love without reservation! I love without qualification! I love without even thinking!" (June 7, 1958).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.