Sunday, March 09, 2008

Dem Dry Bones

I've kind of gone no-Internet lately because I've been very busy. I got lots done this week: grocery shopping, sent out packages to my and McKay's grandparents (still need to get the ones to our parents out, though). I went to the dinosaur museum, when to Enrichment walking group twice, went to AP playgroup twice, went to a baby wearing party, went to the temple, somewhat tidied our house, returned baby stuff to stores, lots of window shopping, bought a Boppy, etc.

Meanwhile, I'm still pregnant. That's been an interesting arena, too.

Thursday morning: really bad headache. I figure it's just a dehydration headache so I up my fluid intake and drink some extra Powerade. It doesn't work. After walking group, I start to wonder if it's a lack-of-sleep headache since I've been going to bed late, so I lie down to sleep for a little bit. The baby decides that those 2 hours of nap time are really kick and move around time. They are nice, tough kicks. I toss and turn and do not sleep.

Thursday afternoon: I go to playgroup. I feel more kicks, but they aren't on the right side. This baby's been anterior for MONTHs and suddenly, the kicks aren't indicative of that. McKay and I go to the temple and the whole time, the kicking is on the left instead of right.

Friday morning: I get out the stethoscope to listen to the heartbeat. I can't find it on the left side, where its been ever since we've been listening to it. I do, however, find it on the right and my suspicions are confirmed: my left occiput anterior baby had decided to do a 180 and become a right occiput posterior baby- two days before my guessdate. Wonderful.

Friday afternoon: I watch my posture the whole day trying to re-turn the baby.

Friday night: I pull out the big stops and get on the birth ball and try to turn the baby. I get out my new boppy and sleep with my belly in the donut hole part to turn the baby that night. I think my belly changed shape a little- it seemed lower than usual, but it was always fairly low.

Saturday morning (guessdate morning): kicks are back on the right side! I think I feel the butt on the left! I get out the stethoscope, and behold! The baby is anterior again! Woohoo! I do a little dance, but spend the day careful of my posture. I kind of have the feeling all day, "If I want to go into labor today, I could." But I didn't care that much to force myself into labor, so I didn't.

Saturday afternoon: Jillynn and I go find some organic eggs. I accidentally crack one so we boil some and have some very good hard boiled eggs. Yummy. Did you know that chicken eggs can be green?

Saturday evening: I spent the day with Jillynn and hang out at her house that evening. Lots of kicking. I showed her how much the baby likes to kick- and she was surprised. I guess her daughter was a mellow baby comparatively. I just figured all babies kicked this much, oh well. Baby stops kicking and takes a nap. Over the course of the evening, my pelvis has this strange pressure on it. At one point, I get up to get ice cream, and I start to waddle. I've never waddled! I check out my belly, and sure enough, the baby has been dropping.

Baby's head is now engaged in my pelvis.

Saturday night: Every time I get up to drink or pee, I hear lots of cracking in my hips. I start thinking, "The knee bone's connected to the leg bone; the leg bone's connected to the hip bone, the hip bone's not connected to anything." My ligaments and cartilage down there are nice and supple and getting ready to let a baby through.

I'll probably have this baby this week. Maybe. It is possible to go days/weeks with a dropped baby, so I can't really say.

It's still moving, though.

That's my update. Baby is still inside, but is closer to the outside than it was a week ago.

2 comments:

  1. Whew (on so many levels)! I'm glad you're alive. And I am really glad that Baby seems to have dropped and engaged. When I read about the spinning, I started to get a little nervous for you! Will was, and still is, an excellent spinner... *B

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so exciting to hear what is happening! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.