Tuesday, March 11, 2008

so happy

On Sunday, I had some BH. I only notice when I touch my belly and it's all hard.

"McKay! Feel my belly! It's a contraction!"

He felt my belly and got this really happy look on his face, "You're having contractions!?!"

Well, yes, but that means that eventually, sometime this baby will come out.

It's not yet, though. I just wanted to share that McKay is getting excited for this birth. He looked so happy at the prospect of labor. Well, it obviously didn't happen Sunday or yesterday or yet today. And Laura, you are right about first time mothers going past their due dates. I found something that once said that "they" were going to change gestation to 41 weeks in the late 1990s because it's actually more accurate for more mothers, but it never happened. I need to find that article again...

I didn't sleep at all last night after 3. Well, that's a lie. I slept for half an hour from 4:30 to 5, but my insomnia was not pregnancy related. It's gotten warmer here, so it's time for my yearly "cold that isn't really allergies because I refuse to believe I have allergies" cold. Stuffy nose, cough, runny eyes, cotton mouth, the usual. Couldn't sleep. Couldn't breathe.

And I can't have the baby today... It's my sister-in-law's birthday and I wouldn't want to rain on her parade. :)


  1. i learned in my bradley class that the average gestation for a first time mom was 41 weeks and a day...

    which means that all those antsy doctors out there who are inducing at 40 weeks are not letting all those babies finish cooking!

    only fully baked babies in our house!

    we watched "the business of being born" last night and i thought of you. hope that baby comes soon - just so you can end pregnancy and start loving mommyhood!

  2. I'm trying to decide on a birthing class this week. Did you take one? Any recommendations?

  3. Anonymous5:39 AM

    You can have the baby on the 18th of March, that won't rain on my parade. That would be a great birthday gift for this first time grandma. (did I actually put grandma in print there??)
    Love you, Mom


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.