Sunday, April 20, 2008

Official

Yesterday, Margaret got a very official-looking envelope in the mail.

Social Security card!

So now not only does the state know about Margaret (birth certificate), but so does the federal government.

Birth certificate highlights:

  • Place of birth: (our address)
  • Birth attendant: McKay Farley: other
Ok, well, technically McKay just caught Margaret and passed her off to me within seconds. Utah code for unattended births uses this hierarchy for registering the birth certificate: father, mother, owner of property birth took place (aka landlord). Because of that, McKay is listed as the attendant. Actually, my favorite part is the word "other." Yes, I would probably categorize McKay as "other," too. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I enjoy reading your blog. I'm LDS and planning a UC (with midwife back-up). Could I ask you more about your experience? It would be great if you could email me :)
    annalisejones at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.