Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Wildfire

I spent many of Margaret's naps blog-hopping yesterday. The blogging community is in quite a storm about the AMA and ACOG's recent statements.

I learned 2 things yesterday:

  1. I should probably link to some more blogs because blog-hopping is, well, fun!
  2. You start in the birthing realm and can end up reading about birth trauma and birth rape, lactivism, vaccination debates, circumcision debates and anti-cry-it-out research. And that's fun, too.
I spent yesterday thinking to myself, "I should remember to save the link to that study! And that study! Oh, and I didn't know they did a study on that!"

I have tried to keep the sidebars to a minimum, but then I know you can't blog hop and that's not as fun for you.

So expect my sidebars to take on new life today!

Meanwhile, here's a little segment a friend sent out about Ricki Lake's response to the AMA. Interestingly, the OB/GYN interviewed is pro-homebirths.

1 comment:

  1. I wish all the people who were "scared" about your home birth could have read or watched some of this stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.