Monday, July 21, 2008

Big S, little s


Silly Sammy Slick sipped six sodas and got sick, sick, sick. -Dr. Seuss's ABC

That's how we've been lately. Sick. Sick. Sick.

Margaret got it after the 4th, then I got it a week later, and then McKay got it last Thursday.

Sick. Sick. Sick.

It was your basic fever/achey/congested/diarrhea kind of sick. That fever would come and go and come and go. It was the kind of sick that puts you out of commission for about 5-7 days.

We had it thoroughly and should be properly immune for the rest of our lives- the rest of the world may have to suffer it, but we won't.

I learned a couple of things while being sick: a fever of a 97.8 is high for me (my baseline is around 96). And snot has a scent- at least sick snot does- and you can't escape it because it's in your nose.

I'm finishing up a project I worked on while sick and it'll show up on my knitting blog soon, although it isn't knitting. And I started another fun little project that you can see on our family blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.