Friday, July 25, 2008

A run down of the week

I've felt great since Tuesday. I think it might be because McKay was home- he had been home sick since last Friday, but just having him home for a week rejuvenated me. I wasn't the only one at home with Margaret- and it was nice. Of course, it's not nice that he's sick, but you know. He's back at work today, but still not feeling 100%.

I really feel on top of the world. Yesterday, a friend and I went down to North Park because of the Pioneer Day celebration. We went in some homes that were built in the 1800s. It's just amazing that they made almost everything with their own hands. It makes me want to knit and knit and knit. And spin. I met a lady who's the president of a spinning guild in the area. Ooh. I want a spinning wheel...

Also, on Wednesday night, I went to LLL. I love LLL. I don't normally come with too many questions- I just love being with the women. When I started going to LLL last October, I had no idea that the women I met there would be some of my best friends.

My advice to any pregnant women out there: go to some LLL meetings. I always wanted to breastfeed, but I know that what I learned there gave me more confidence as a new mother. I learned about the myths of breastfeeding and that I have access to so much support- and it's free! I learned what a correct latch is and how to deal with some basic problems- all before I had my baby. So when I came across problems, I already knew how to handle (most of) them. When there were problems I didn't know about, I simply called a leader and she helped me through it.

I definitely feel like Hathor in this comic:

Also, in a week, World Breastfeeding Week starts (Aug 1 - 7)! I'll be doing a mini-breastfeeding series for that week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.