Well, I think I was tagged, unless Monique was thinking of a different Heather. Maybe I think too much of myself...
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was 12 and so glad I was out of Primary. For some reason, in my head, age made you better than younger people, and since I was 12, I was better than a Primary kid.
Or course that's ridiculous, but that's what public education did for me. Even when McKay asked me to marry him, I was cautious because I'm 3 years younger than he is and I didn't want him to marry "down".
2. Five Snacks I Enjoy
- Cheese and crackers
- Watermelon, watermelon, watermelon
- Ice cream
3. Five Things On My To Do List Today
- Play with Margaret all day
- Put away the baby clothes we received as a gift
- Take the other clothes to my brother-and-sister-in-law.
- Visit various ward people
- Knit Knit Knit
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Oh, the basics: buy a house with like 5 acres (big spender, right?). The house would be self-sufficient and use solar or wind-powered energy. I'd have a spinning wheel and llamas and all types of fancy dyes to make my own yarn. I might even buy a loom and weave my own fabric just for fun. I'd have a huge garden and grow my own produce. I'd give lots to great charities and help out my friends with whatever they needed. And I could use some money, play the stock market, double, triple, and quadruple (etc) my money and subsidize oil. Nah, I'd put my money in the hands of people who are trying to create clean transportation and subsidize solar panels so it would be cheaper to buy greener cars. And this morning I was thinking about those gift bags that hospitals give away to new moms- I made up a brilliant idea- I'd make up special cloth bags with the international symbol of breastfeeding printed on them and fill the bags with information on breastfeeding and relaxing and not stressing about being a new mom and having to do things "exactly right." There would be none of the "make sure your baby eats every ___ hours and wake them up for feedings" type of stuff that moms worry about, because all it does is add stress. The bags would, of course, have a card with the local LLL leader's numbers, and a free wrap or sling- because really that's all you need for a baby (minus clothes, but that's what baby showers are for).
5. Five jobs that I have had.
- Nursery attendant at a gym
- Hostess at a Mexican restaurant
- Michael's arts and crafts- basic retail
- worked at a screen printing company
- taught computers at an elementary school
6. Five of my bad habits.
- Nail biting
- procrastinating the cleaning of the house
- Letting my mind wander during our couple prayers in the morning and night- I tend to think about my plans for the day and whatnot
- Being too hard on myself
- not drinking enough water.
7. Four places I have lived
- Dallas/Fort Worth area, Texas
- Rural Indiana
- Chicago suburbs
- Provo, UT
8. Five People I Want to Get to Know Better: A nice way of saying “Tag. You’re it!”
- If you want to be tagged, then you're tagged.
9. 6 Random Things:
- McKay and I give each other points for being awesome (such as when you drop something and then catch it before it hits the ground- that's considered point-worthy). I'm winning by 20, but that's because I got a ton for birthing a baby. Birth gets you lots of awesome points.
- Last week at Le Leche League, I learned that the milk of a mother with a 1 year old is more antibody dense than a new mother's milk because by the time your baby is 1 year old, they are usually getting some nutrition via solid foods- so to get the same disease protection- your milk is more dense in disease preventing agents. Also, when you sweat your body realizes that you baby also might need to be more hydrated, so your body creates a more watery milk. I think it's cool that you can make custom milk for your baby.
- McKay gets a paid holiday this Friday!
- It seems like everyone in the ward is moving this summer (I think the total is around 35 families), but we're not! We've extended our contract until April! I really don't like moving.
- I'm going to help out a friend this weekend by manning a booth with her at the Freedom Festival. She works for HugAMonkey and we'll be selling slings (and if any of you Provo ladies need some extra cash, we could use a few more hands. It helps if you have a baby/toddler who can model the sling- up to 30 pounds.)
- Last night I dreamt that I was at a pool party. McKay and I were trying to see who could go the deepest from a cannonball jump. I'm pretty sure I was winning. I love swimming- why did I have to wake up? Seriously- it's 9 and Margaret's still sleeping. Why am I not sleeping?