Thursday, August 07, 2008

B-I-N-G-O

Today is the last day of World Breastfeeding Week. Unfortunately, many people still see breastfeeding as gross, lewd, or undesirable. In a society where breasts are solely sexual, a child breastfeeding is offensive- this can put moms in tight places. They'll put off feeding their child until getting home and breastfeeding may seem like a hindrance.

But it's not. It's mobile, easy. You just have to get over the "breast for sex only" concept.

So here, at the end of breastfeeding week, I'd like to encourage all mothers to breastfeed where you are seen. Get the idea out there that it's not gross. It's what breasts were made for.


And to help you along, I've added here a Breastfeeding Bingo Card. Where have you breastfed?




(as if the squares are numbered left to right, top to bottom)
1. At the Pool 2. On a Plane 3. In a Restaurant 4. At the Fair 5. In a Cave 6. While Knitting 7. At a Waterpark 8. On the Lawn 9. At Church 10. In the Great Outdoors 11. On a Train 12. At a Celebration 13. FREE SPACE! 14. On a Boat 15. At a Party 16. At a Sporting Event 17. In a Car 18. In a Classroom 19. At the Library 20. While Cooking 21. At the Theater 22. On a Beach 23. On the Computer 24. On a Bus 25. In the Store


Make your own Bingo Card at Mosaic Maker.

5 comments:

  1. I think I can fill every square except the cave, I haven't had that opportunity and I'm not positive on the train, I might have, I just can't remember if I've been on a train with a nursing baby, possibly at Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like Melinda, I can fill in all of them except a cave, because I haven't been in a cave since I've been a breastfeeder ;) However, I did breastfeed in Arlington National Cemetery and on the train in DC, and on the streets of Philly. Do those count too? ;)

    I just have to say I love the looks I get when I nurse, especially now that I am 8 months pregnant! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I couldn't quite get a bingo on any line, although I think I've breastfed in about half of those places. How about you, Heather? Did you put those on the card because you've done them all? (Oh, and if the question is In how many of these places have you "shown a little boob", the answer is none. Sorry, Heater. Guess I'm not helping the cause.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done all of these. I actually came up with breastfeeding bingo like 3 months ago before I was out and about. I think I've done most of them now. And although I try to be fairly modest, I know I've not been perfect. Sometimes Margaret just wants to look at other things. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. BINGO! (and almost blackout LOL). I got the column 3, 7, 13, 18, 23

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.