Monday, August 11, 2008

Co-sleeping Happiness

I love waking up to Margaret in the morning.

Yesterday, we all woke up around the same time- about 8:30. Hooray! Margaret is back on Utah time and off of the "let's wake up at 7:30 because of Chicago time" habit. :)

Margaret rolled to her tummy, turned to McKay, smiled, turned to me, smiled. I love moments like that!

Then last night, I woke up, trying to find Margaret. She wasn't anywhere! (This is scary because she's now rolling, but I guess if my logic was working I would have realized that if she had rolled off the bed, she would have let us know!) So I pat, pat, pat around. I find her sleeping all snuggled close to McKay. Aww.

I love love love sleeping with Margaret. I credit my full 8 hours of sleep since 2 weeks to it. I credit sleeping in until 8:30 to it. Sure, she doesn't sleep through the night, but I can feed her at night without either of us fully waking up- and I feel like I've gotten a great night's sleep and I'm ready for the day! I definitely recommend it to every new parent. It's hard to get sleep- why make it harder on yourslef? Sleep with your baby.

Need co-sleeping resources? I love Alisa's collection of quotes and studies.

3 comments:

  1. Aw ... you seem so happy! I'm glad that co-sleeping has worked out so well for you. How long do you think you'll do it? Co-sleeping wasn't really effective for us, though. I found we all got a lot more sleep in separate rooms. Soren just wants to play all the time and he's so easily distracted. We'd do a juggling act all night and all three of us would wake up super-cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to all of that! We have coslept with our 3, and will do it with number 4 when s/he gets here! It is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! I'm glad it works so well for you. Maybe Margaret can give Chloe some tips on sleeping, as she still wakes up 3-10 times a night. At least with her cosleeping I'm not running around the house that many times a night!

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.