Thursday, September 25, 2008

Slow on the Bandwagon

So I just wanted to mention a couple of things that have been flying around the Blogosphere lately that I haven't mentioned, but I've been meaning to. Other people have elaborated more eloquently than I could, so I'll let them do the talking.

Rixa's response to some doctors who seem to have forgotten who the customer is and who's providing the service.

On the Other Side of the Glass
is a moving coming out next year that is specifically addressing the issues of hospital birth and how it relates to the father. There is a preview at the link.

Meanwhile, I've been going a little more greener. After some more calculations, cloth will be cheaper than disposable diapers for us, as long as I don't mind an extra 2-3 hours at the laundromat every week. And we've been ECing some. We got Margaret a potty last week from Ikea for $4. Pretty nice, if you ask me.

And I re-organized my books. By color. This is just my bookshelf/nightstand. McKay's is also color-coordinated as is the shelf above the desk.


  1. Congratulations on going cloth!

    In my experience, the laundromat is a great place for reading!

  2. I love the colour coordinated bookshelf :)

  3. Thanks for the trailer preview. It really gives me some questions to ask my midwife about post-birth baby treatment, and to make sure that Josh is really involved and has his say also in our labor, birth, and post-partum things.


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.