Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Breakthroughs in EC

Margaret is 7 months old today. I'm doing a DITL post tomorrow for this.

In the meantime, Margaret is amazing with EC. Yesterday, McKay put her on the potty and did the "psss" sound and signed toilet. Margaret then responded with a "puh" sound. McKay asked, "Do you think she's doing the 'psss' sound?"

Hmmm. Maybe. She doesn't have top teeth yet, so maybe the 'sss' is too hard. Or she's saying "potty."

Later that day, I put her on the potty and she did the 'puh' sound again. Confirmation!

And again this morning yet some more 'puh' sound! Sweet! I hope she can do it before she needs to go so I can get her to the potty.

And this morning after her bath, I figured I'd let her have some naked butt time. I was washing some longies in the bathroom and she was playing in the living room- door was open and I could see her. She starts crawling to me. When she reached my feet, she peed. No dribble of pee on the way, just when she got to me. It was like she needed to go, and so she came to me. I didn't realize what she wanted at the time- at least it was on the floor of the bathroom- easier to clean!

Anyway, it's amazing. Originally, I started just putting her on the potty after naps- and suddenly I get the mom sense to put her on the potty other times- and my mom sense is right. It's kind of strange. I read on one EC site that even starting part time, you'll tend to do it more as you practice because you just become more aware and you can't ignore it- so very true, so very true.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray! That mom sense is so powerful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO cool! Ravenna did something similar yesterday. Since she is a lion for Halloween we have been teaching her how to roar, but she always just laughs when we do it. Well yesterday I was changing her and she started making this funny sound, I can't describe it, and then I realized it sounded faintly like a roar. So I roar'd back and she and I had a good back and forth and some laughs. Fun baby stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I guess we've been doing a form of EC for the past half year with Will. I just didn't know there was a name to it, haha. Anyway, I am seriously attributing his quick reaction to potty training because of his previous experience with EC. Just a thought. Oh, and another thought is to rid the world of the word potty! Toilet is much better :) That is all. *B

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. That's way cool! It's amazing what babies can do if parents are open-minded about their abilities. There's a lot more going on in and taken in by those little minds that we give them credit for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to try EC-ing with my next little one... I soooo wanted to try it with Eve, but had too much on my plate with everything else... THIS TIME :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.