Wednesday, December 31, 2008

More News

This Facebook thing is making my life busy now- but more locally. I didn't think Utah channels/newspapers would care about what I did in California so I didn't contact them ahead of time like I did the California papers. I guess it's a fascinating story, and based on comments, I've obviously hit a nerve in American culture.

Fox video
KSL video
Deseret News
The Associated Press and abc4 are supposed to have something up soon, too. I'll link them when I get them.


But my favorite post these past few days? PhDinParenting's post. I was going to do a post like this, but she did it wonderfully and so organized and pretty much took the words out of my mouth. I lover her emphasis that "Discriminatory policies get changed when people fight them. Not when they go elsewhere."

ETA:
link to the abc4 story.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Heather! You were just on our local news in Colorado!! I was walking the dog but my dh said you did a great job! I've watched some of the other videos and you're a natural! Very well-spoken! Good for you, Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Go, Heather, go!!! I don't have children yet, but when I do, I fully intend to breastfeed wherever, whenever, and I'm so glad amazing women like you are paving the way for the rights of women everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say that I HATE the stupid comments people make on the KSL website. People are such mean idiots. I had to stop reading but there were over 600 comments...dang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah -
    I totally agree. This sounds really cheesy, but it truly hurt my spirit to read those comments. It is so sad to know that we live in a world (you can't blame it on the state, I don't think) where people actually think that way.

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.