Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Sock Winner

So I sent the jury out on this, and by that I asked McKay for his opinion.

And he said he liked Emily's response,

But if I was in a dramatic mood, I would start going on some long, drawn-out, completely made-up story as to why my poor baby didn't have socks, take the money, then go buy a candy bar:

"Oh I'm so glad you stopped just now! My poor baby has no socks. You see, I was given this coat 3 years ago by my grandmother, the day before she passed away. I tried to sell it to get more money this winter for socks, but I couldn't bear to be parted with it in the end. And as you can see, I can't even afford a stroller. So I was on my way to go clean a woman's house to earn enough money to buy her socks. I was so worried about her little feet being too cold, but what could I do? I even called my mother, who lived in Northern Michigan, to ask her advice. She used to be a registered nurse, before she had her accident...."

and so on, until they get bored or get the point.
So Emily, you get baby socks! We can arrange the details off-blog. I can make them as frilly as you like.

And thanks to everyone's ideas. That was a lot of fun. Now I can go out better prepared today as I run errands with my sock-less daughter. To the grocery store!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! That's my first blog prize! Glad you all liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twittered you this but in case you miss it wanted to tell you I found your blog, love it, following you (yes that does sound creepy), have added you to my blog list and love linked you today in latest post about self-attachment. Interested in same?
    http:///www.breastfeedingmomsunite.com

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.