Saturday, May 09, 2009

Nursing a Toddler Upside-down

The later half of this week went much better. I was able to get a few pics of Margaret nursing.

Nursing while mom blogs:

Nursing and sleeping in the sling:

Nursing while mom knits:
On May first, a small exchange on Twitter occured:

TopHat8855: Guess what? It's possible for a child to latch on even if you're holding them upside down by their legs. Ask me how I know. :)

phdinparenting: @TopHat8855 Can you post a how-to video for us all? ;)

Yes, yes I can. So here's a how-to video!

Although I say it in the video, please don't do this if your child doesn't have neck and back control. Newborns are not candidates for this. Also, don't do it if your child doesn't like to be upside-down. Margaret has just recently in the past few months become ok with being bounced and flipped upside-down. She still doesn't like being tossed into the air. Don't do anything that your child doesn't like. That's just mean.

14 comments:

  1. I love the Nursing while mom knits pic. Priceless! You rock, girl!

    It makes me want to have another baby just to have some nursing fun! Like I didn't enjoy the nursing acrobatics with my four older kids enough! :) I've got to dig up some tandem nursing twin picts now and reminisce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I thought YOU were going to be upside down!

    I love how it shows how single-minded kids who love to nurse are. Any position, any situation, they know what they want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious. My baby liked watching it, too! I would try it with him, but he looks to be heavier than yours.

    Btw, I love your shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to disappoint, Jane. Maybe I'll try that later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a cute video - I wish I had taken more bfing pics of my son when he was littler - might be hard to do with a 38 lb 3 yr old! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alondra saw that and wants to try too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pics and video!
    thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny! My son is 12 months old, and he LOVES to nurse in the craziest positions! I especially love the nursing snorts/suck you can hear at the end of the video! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's halarious. Thanks. That's two funny breastfeeding videos for me in one day! Whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute! Mine was nursing and driving a LARGE truck over my arm and chest today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sariah watched this video and said "I watch Margaret get milk again" so we played it again and she said "oh what a cutie". That was funny hearing a 3 year old say and I never knew that she actually knows Margaret's name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wren watched the video with me and insisted on trying it

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/birchd/3519202383/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the pictures and video. :) Thanks for sharing and being a positive example!

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.