Thursday, June 04, 2009

Honey put to the Real Test

So I've been using honey and baking soda on my face. I have pretty bad acne, especially right before my period, so I was waiting for that. And waiting. And waiting.

Then my period came, and I'm still waiting for the acne. Sure, I had a couple of zits, but it's definitely not the break-out I've been accustomed to. So I think the honey is working. I've tried honey by itself and I've tried honey mixed with baking soda. I prefer the baking soda mixture because it is more scrubby and I like that feel.

I'll probably post about the No Poo experiment later (day 17 today!)


  1. Do you just use regular honey from the grocery store? Or do you have a local provider that you buy from? And what is your ratio of honey to baking soda? I'm also interested in your recipes for your "shampoo" and "conditioner". I tried no-poo once, only with hot water and lots of scrubbing, because I didn't want to bother with baking soda and vinegar. But I think I may be willing to try it. I also like the honey idea!!

  2. Yeah just regular honey- be careful, some honey is mixed with our favorite sugar: corn syrup! Read labels! Though, once I finish up our current honey, I'll probably buy some from the farmer's market to replace it. The ration of honey to BS is 1:1. I'll answer the bs/acv vinegar questiong in my next post. :)

  3. I'm on day 2 of no-poo. Looking forward to your update. So far, so good for me. :)


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.