Sunday, July 19, 2009

Some Meta-Blogging

I've been thinking about journals lately. There have been times in my life where I'm great with regular journal writing, and there are times where you'll find months or years between entries. Lately I've been in one of those latter times.

I blog a lot- it's very much like a journal for me. If there's something I've been thinking about a lot for days or weeks, chances are good that sooner or later it'll become a blog post. These are things I'd normally journal about, but they get blogged, so I end up not journalling (Firefox is telling me that neither "journaling" nor "journalling" are words, but I'm going to ignore it).

There are also things I don't blog about and would be more suitable for my journal. Sometimes I start a blog post like that and then never publish it. Sometimes I work those thoughts and experiences over and over in my head until they become a post suitable for a public blog. I also sometimes wonder if I should just let go and put it all up here.

I think there's still room in my life for my "just myself" journalling. I have to put my junior-high like frustrations somewhere! :)

Anyway, this got me to thinking about my blog. It's mine and I get to decide what gets to be said here, but it's also allowed me to building relationships with people I've never met. It's not just me putting stuff out there; I get a lot from your blogs and comments, too. While I was thinking about this blog-relationship and was thinking about how to make it more interactive on my end. I try to respond to the comments and emails, but sometimes I'm just forgetful. So I was thinking I'd make "Inquisition Monday." If it works out well, I'd like to answer your questions. It can be simple or complex. It can be about things I've blogged about or things I've not. I won't guarantee that I'll respond to everything, but I'll try my best to give thoughtful responses to all that I can.

So ask away. If I don't get any questions, I'll just assume you all know enough about me or loath reading my blog, which is totally fine too, but why then are you reading this?

2 comments:

  1. ooooh, me, me!!!

    How many knitting projects have you got on the go right now? (is that more appropriate for infiknity tho?)

    what is your apartment like... layout-wise I mean... in the UK a studio apartment is like the size a postage stamp...

    I have many many more, but that will do for a start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is my form of journaling, simply because it works. But I've been thinking about the whole blog-relationship, too. I was even thinking of writing a post about it! Anyway, I feel that aside from the journal aspect of it, blogging is like having a sort of "tribe," you know? We share with each other and learn from each other. That's why I really like commenting on others blogs...trying to get that whole "community" feel. Anyway, I'm so glad you visited my blog. It's so great to connect with like-minded people.

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.