Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Madonna and Child: Day 2

Madonna and Child
Paolo di Giovanni Fei
Tempera on Wood

From here.


  1. I am pretty sure I would not want to be the one being nursed on in this one. Ouch! And how did she get her breast in her shoulder? Ahhh, gotta love Italo-Byzantine art.

  2. I'm loving the paintings! I have to say, though, every time I see one of these I can't help but think of the sore nipples she must have had because they are not using correct positioning! :)

  3. That looks.... painful. I like yesterday's picture a lot more ;)

  4. I must agree with the previous comments. After your post yesterday, I also did a google search to find images of Mary breastfeeding Christ. I found this site: http://halfpintpixie.com/2008/06/04/breastfeeding-imagery-a-collection/

    If you haven't seen it already, you will be in love! It has tons of stuff on it! A lot of the art I have seen, though, always has Mary's breast in the strangest position! lol.

  5. wow. doesn't she look loving. and he looks like a little old man. gotta love it.

  6. This one cracks me up. Seriously, did they not understand a woman's anatomy back then? I'm still laughing.

    I really liked yesterday's image, too.


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.