Tuesday, December 08, 2009

User Error

So yesterday I wrote up a post and dated it for January, but forgot to change the year on it, so it posted. I tried to delete it before the RSS feed caught it, but no luck, and some of you caught that. Darn this fast technology! So here's a post I scheduled for January. I'll put that other post up later this week.


I'm pregnant. The baby should show up some time this summer. It came as a complete surprise because I didn't think it would be possible yet. I have lots of thoughts about this and will blog them all during the upcoming months.


The reason I was waiting until January was so it wouldn't be possible to guess when in the summer. Margaret was due March 8, but came March 29. When you get an estimated due date like "March 8" you think you're safe saying, "I'm due in March." But she was really pushing our luck with that! Had she been due March 12, I probably would have also said, "Due in March" but she would have come in April. "Due Months" don't really work for me.

So this time around I wanted a "Due Season." I'm due in the summer. If it hits the fall equinox, then I'm overdue. You won't believe how depressing it is when you're over 2 weeks "overdue" and you get phone calls, "Have you had your baby yet? So-and-so who was due next month already had hers!" So this is my way of avoiding those. If the equinox happens and I'm still pregnant, feel free to call me up and ask when the baby will arrive. I still won't have an answer. :)

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! How very exciting!!I understand about the due date thing- I hate that some people think that anytime after 40 weeks is overdue. My mom had each one of her 6 kids around 42 weeks- that's just the way it worked with her body- and eveyone was healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, That's wonderful! Congratulations!
    I ot sick of people asking me when I was due, so during my third trimester when a stranger would ask me when I was due I would say "Sunday." I found it highly amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned a while back not to post anything until I was absolutely sure I wanted to, because there was no going back! Once it's published, it's published forever!! But I've gotten that date thing mixed up, too.

    Anyway, I was eager to send you a congratulations, so I'm glad you posted this. I'm excited to be able to follow your journey (as much as you are wanting to share of it). Yeah, if I were you, I wouldn't tell anyone your due date! (I wish I could have kept mine a secret from my doctor!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!

    I know that due date syndrome very well too.. Even before it my relatives started to call me daily (like I wouldn't tell them if the baby was born), and after it got only worse.. What really pissed me off (as much as I could care atm) was having "don't you have it already???" text messages I got when laboring in hospital. Goddamnit, I'd have really like a shorter labor too, but the big baby head didn't want to come out and it took 20 hours. If there is a next time, I'll propably just tell them about the delivery after I have had the baby already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, I know this must be an exciting time for your little family :) Looking forward to your future posts (and I secretly really liked your invisible post too). Summertime is a good time for babies! Are you guys moving before the little one will arrive?

    ReplyDelete
  6. aha! I was wondering why the post appeared and then disappeared so suddenly! Congrats and I look forward to hearing more about your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had already heard your good news on Twitter, but congratulations again! I know how it is to be still pregnant while all of your pregnancy buddies have already given birth. My EDD was Nov. 21 and my son came December 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kind of caught that accidental post! (I could only read it in Google Reader, so I couldn't post a big ole "WHAT?!? CONGRATULATIONS!!!") So, here I am to say, "WHAT?!? CONGRATULATIONS!!!". I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I did see the title yesterday and thought you were probably preggo. Hope you are feeling well. Can't wait to hear your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol! A lot of people actually do this, or they purposefully give a due date 2-3 weeks later so they don't get calls too quickly. With all the pushes to induce at "40-weeks-or-else", it's not a bad idea!! And anyway, sometimes the due date established by the doctors is just wrong by a week or two, which means a 40 weeks baby could actually only be 38 or so. Who knows! I trust the body. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A hearty congratulations!!!

    Baby #2 is so lucky to have such a wonderful, caring set of parents!

    Hurrah!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.