until we move! No, I'm not going to give away my "due date."
This morning when I woke up and cuddled with McKay I told him, "15 weeks until we move!"
"That makes it feel like it's a lot sooner."
"Yeah. We'll move to California and be able to recycle!"
Environmental pillow talk. Hot stuff, I tell you.
I do recycle here in Provo, but we're very limited on what we can recycle. In California, we can recycle pretty much everything- even glass and get money back for it! In fact, we've been saving our glass jars for the past year so we can take them out to California with us. Happy day!
Other moving thoughts:
- I need to start deep cleaning the house now so it'll be easier come April.
- I need to continue going through our stuff and getting rid of it. I've already whittled Margaret's bath toys down to 2- mostly for health reasons, but also so we have less to move. Yesterday I got rid of some old lotions, body sprays, etc. that have chemicals I don't want in the house.
- How much dry ice will we need to transport the placenta?
- I'd like to make McKay a T-shirt quilt before the move because I am not bringing all those shirts with us. Need to learn how to do that.
- I need to plan meals to use up some of our less-used non-food storage food products. Like 2 pounds of powdered sugar. What the heck do we need that for?
- I wish it were possible to find an apartment out there before April. Unfortunately the listings are all "Move in today!" instead of "We need someone for May 1." It would be nice to know we have a place to live.
1. The lesson I learned yesterday was I'm psychic, apparently.
2. Weddings are where friends and family meet.
3. All these years and I still haven't broken my nail biting habit.
4. I was carrying Margaret on my hip when I arrived.
5. The truth is I want to be left alone sometimes.
6. The impatience is what I remember most from that day.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to pizza night, tomorrow my plans include a haircut by my newly engaged cousin-in-law, Tash (congrats!) and Sunday, I want to bake bread!