Friday, January 01, 2010

Friday Fill-ins

1. Last night I was close to falling asleep at a quarter 'til, but I managed to stay awake. Margaret fell asleep at 11:30.
2. I'm very excited to see how everything turns out this year.
3. The funniest thing is whatever Margaret did 2 minutes ago.
4. Whew...so where do we go from here?
5. He said "I want to see your temps. Hand me the newspaper"; she said "No No No!" (actual conversation between Margaret and McKay in their sleep last night. I'm dead serious).
6. Our diplomas are lost somewhere in the house and it's up to us to find them.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to having a clean house by the end of the day, tomorrow my plans include getting our mail from the post office (I forgot they had holiday hours yesterday) and Sunday, I want to go to church at 9 and actually get a nap later!


You know when you think to yourself, "Some day we'll ____?"

Well, it's 2010, and I think that year is this year for us. This will be a year for many new beginnings.

McKay will be done with college. This means moving away. And we might be able to fill that blank in with "have a garden," "buy a house," "live in more than 1 room," or even, "live in a ward where I've never been blackmailed before!" by the end of this year. Yes, we are setting the bar high.

I'll have another baby. Now the blank can be filled in with, "have a labor less than 24 hours long (I'm aiming for 12)," "tandem nurse," "file for a birth certificate outside of Utah," or even "babywear two kids at once." I've heard it's possible with one on back and one on front. We'll see.

So I'm off to get my day done today. I love this three day weekend. It's like a second vacation.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's going to be an exciting year for you! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! Good luck on the diploma hunt!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny stuff! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "'babywear two kids at once.' I've heard it's possible with one on back and one on front."

    I've worn a three month old and a twelve moth old tandem; both in ring sling, one on each hip. I did that for several days until the twelve month old when back to her mom. It worked just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can totally babywear one on each hip. And I think it should count when you carry one inside and one outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When Sariah was 4 months old I baby sat a baby who was also born the same days as her and I was able to wear them both in a ring sling in front of me. However, I never could get the hang of wearing a toddler and a small baby after Bekah was born.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is possible to babywear two! I do it and love it.

    I put the baby on the front in the Moby and the 3 yr old on my back in the Ergo. My estimation is that its 55 pounds of kid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone in your ward blackmailed you?!

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.