Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Quick links

Thursdays are my usual days for "How To..." and I will definitely do one tomorrow.


But in the meantime I thought I'd share a couple of links.

My friend Alisa did a mini-series about prenatal testing. Part 1 is here. Part 2 is here. Good stuff all around.

A month ago I was asked on Facebook about checking cervical dilation on your own. Then I recently ran into this blog post. It mentions the labor smell- I definitely remember that. At the time, I figured it was the smell of a house that was boiling water for a day straight- but it was a little different. I also don't remember 2 bloody shows, but I remember the first- it was exciting! I was probably in la la labor land for the second.

Also, there have been a few news articles about sling recalls. This post here sums it up well: any carrier can be dangerous if you don't pay attention. When I first wore Margaret, I was constantly checking on her. As she gained head and back control, I worried less about her suffocating. Be up to date on your recalls, learn how to use products safely, enjoy wearing your babies.

So there you are: a few posts to read today in your free time.

1 comment:

  1. I had 2 bloody shows with Dio: one at midnight when things were just starting to get going (I made myself sleep through them all night. Well, I couldn't sleep during the contraction, but I did in between). I had another one maybe around 1 pm-ish? Dio was born at 2:30 pm.

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.