Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Fill-ins

1. I'd like for someone to just call us up and say, "Hey! You can live here and it'll be inexpensive and perfect for you!"
2. One of my most favorite romantic memories is taking walks with McKay.
3. Last night, I had waffle mix in the shape of pancakes (waffle iron broke!) for dinner.
4. Sorry for the chaos.
5. Can we do a jig now?
6. One of my worst temptations is the Internet; Google Reader is hard to resist!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a going-away party for some friends, tomorrow my plans include getting new tires for the car and Sunday, I want to knit!



So after last week's random blog-a-thon, I'm going to give myself a break these next couple of weeks. We have 2 weeks until our move! And still no place to move to. Earlier this month our problem was that no one wanted to hold an apartment until May for us. Now our problem is that we're out-of-state. When I call and the landlord finds out we can't come see the place in person because we aren't in the area yet, their voice falls. I'm sure it will work out, though. We probably won't get our dream place (garden! walking distance to everything! washer and dryer and dishwasher!) but it'll be ok.

Decluttering has been going ok. If people would actually come pick up the stuff I freecycle to them, it would be great. I never got very "nesty" with Margaret, so this time, I bought some liquid chlorophyll and I'm trying to induce a nesting instinct. Liquid chlorophyll works like iron in that it helps build your blood supply and gives you energy, but it doesn't cause constipation like iron does. In fact, it helps clean you out. When we hit the summer and my due season is here, I'll probably add floradix to my blood-building hemorrhage-preventing routine. I have done some extra decluttering this week, so maybe the chlorophyll is doing its job. Or maybe I'm a changed non-lazy woman.

Our laptop was in the shop most of this week, and $800 later, it's working great! So much for trying to save up to move, though. At least it waited until tax season to break, right?

I will being doing an Inquisition Monday post next week and I'll probably fill up space on Fridays with the Fill-ins until the move happens. If something intense happens in the other days, I may blog, but if my posting is sparse, it's not you, it's me.

In fact, last week I had a lot of new commenters! Thanks for reading my blog! I try to add your blogs to my reader so I can follow you all, but I'm not very good at returning comments. I need to work on that.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your move goes well! Nice fill-in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Freecycle is awesome when you are picking stuff up, but evil when other people are supposed to pick your stuff up. No one EVER shows up!
    Every single time I resorted to posting on a picture of everything on KSL and said free until tonight, when I'm taking it to D.I.

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.