Thursday, May 27, 2010

Breastfeeding Photos

Katrina of Musings of a Redhead is a photographer and she's putting together a project called "At Mother's Breast" with pictures of breastfeeding children. She's in Salt Lake, so the day before our move, she took these.


I'm excited to order some! I haven't done maternity pictures yet, so we'll probably order some of these so we have breastfeeding-while-pregnant pictures at the very least. :)

If you'd like to be a part of the project, she's willing to travel an hour out of Salt Lake, but only for a short time because she's expecting in a month and a half.

This one is my favorite:
It was windy the day we took these pictures and Margaret's scared of the wind, so it was a feat to get her to smile. I like that you can see her latch in the one above: her tongue is still over her bottom teeth just like it's supposed to be. My much-darkened pregnant areola is pretty noticeable too. Such is life!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the one on the "At Mother's Breast" site, where you are standing and holding Margaret (the second photo of the post).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting about this, Heather! Sorry about the size issue. I think if you just directly download it from photobucket, and then upload it to blogger, you should be able to resize is smaller. Sorry that's a bit more complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina, it's not you. I'm using Chrome for a web browser and for some reason blogger has issues with it (which makes NO SENSE since both are owed by Google). I think I'd be able to resize just fine in Firefox, I just haven't done that yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous!! You're so lucky to have such wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these and the other ones! Such beautiful photos. I am jealous because I want professional photos of breastfeeding my son, but I can't do it myself very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you looked totally familiar, but I just figured you had attended an LLL meeting! I love these pix! :)
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are simply gorgeous pictures & your daughter is so darn cute !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great photos! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.