Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Fill-ins

1. Find out that the book you had on hold is at the library feels great.
2. The solution is to stop creating problems.
3. I'm still trying to figure out how to fall asleep.
4. How about that FIFA thing, huh?
5. Sunshine is something I highly recommend!
6. Imagine a nice cool summer- I have dibs on that!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to pizza night, tomorrow my plans include a knitting class AND Worldwide Knit in Public Day and Sunday, I want to give a better talk than McKay! I mean, no competition here. :)


This was a very up and down week. Monday the house was cleaned up and looked wonderful. Tuesday, I met an online friend for the first time. When I first "met" her online, she had just had a UC 6 days before I did. And she was a knitter and LDS. It was like someone cloned me! Well, 2 years later, we got to meet and our kids played at the park. It was a good day.

Wednesday was a bad day. I spent most of the day with a kidney that hated me. I wasn't sure if it was a kidney stone or the weight of the baby decided to crush my internal organs. All I knew was that walking to the library storytime was killer. And I couldn't sleep. I did some birth art to release fears (in Chinese medicine kidneys are related to fear). I figured even if it didn't help my kidney it would help me. Interestingly enough, the kidney issue disappeared about an hour after all that and I haven't had trouble since.

Thursday was good again- mostly. Lots of running around: grocery shopping, laundry. I had lunch with an LLL leader in Berkeley at Crepevine, which was really good. Of course, Margaret's nap schedule got all wonky because of the plans of the day and she napped from 4:30 to 7:30 in the evening. On the good side, she thinks my attempts at puppet shows are hilarious and she fell asleep without nursing. She did need to nurse 3 times during the night, but I was ok with that. This pregnancy thing is really bothering my nipples. I'm curious what it'll be like after the baby is out.

And today is Friday. Nothing planned for today but to tidy up since Wednesday and Thursday left me with no time or energy to do that. Maybe I'll get some knitting in. I need to catch up on my project before I go to the class tomorrow. Oh, and write a talk sometime. I've been trying to pin down a topic for three weeks and still no luck.

And next week, I'll catch up on all the pending inquisitions.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the nipple soreness. I am SO hoping it goes away once the baby is out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather, I am super interested in the kidneys related to fear part. If you have any more info or book/website recommendations, could you email them to me? spencergirlatgmaildotcom

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.