Sunday, June 27, 2010

Saturday

I had a wonderful day yesterday. It was abnormally self-indulgent for me and it felt nice.

I went to my last knitting class in the morning. I'm making this skirt. Because of the current size of my waist, I won't be able to finish for a little while, but I met some cool people in the class and I enjoyed it a lot.

I spent the afternoon with McKay and Margaret. Then in the evening, I went to the fMh Snacker. McKay watched Margaret for the evening so it was just me. I met cool people there: Petra, Keri Brooks, Reese Dixon, Mike H., LRC, Kelly Ann, Lynette, Valorie, and Seraphine from the Bloggernacle (if I get blogs for those people, I'll link to them). I was also surprised to find Jenne there! I met Jenne on an online forum and discovered that she has also UCed. As our circumstances would have it, she let us stay at her family's house in San Francisco as we looked for an apartment out here! She's really nice.

And last, but not least, it was at Carol Lynn Pearson's home and I got to bring home a few copies of her play Mother Wove the Morning. It was really nice to meet all those people and talk with them. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to get tense and lose track of what I'm saying when I'm conversing in a group and suddenly realize that everyone is actually paying attention to what I'm saying, so I'm not sure what sort of impression I gave, but it was very fun. I came home feeling very refreshed and relaxed and that my cup was full, even though I didn't know most of the people there. It's so nice to find a group like that!

1 comment:

  1. Mike H.6:36 PM

    I also enjoyed that as well.

    I thought you conversed rather well yesterday. Being slightly autistic, I can related to your angst about conversing. I thought maybe I gabbed too much.

    It's also interesting that even though I was the only man there in the post-snacker discussion, I could relate to many of the issues discussed there.

    Being the second oldest one there, I also was able to mention experiences with the ERA movement, Sonia Johnson, Blacks & the Priesthood, etc., since I was a missionary from 1978 to 1980.

    Sorry if I forgot anyone's names on my posts about this event.

    ReplyDelete

Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.