Thursday, July 29, 2010


After Margaret's birth, I watched all our DVDs, plus all the audio commentaries. This time around we have Netflix and I've been watching movies on Instant Play. I'm catching up on all those movies everyone else has already seen.

Movies I've seen in the past week and a half that I hadn't seen all the way through or at all:

Looney Toons: Back in Action
The Muppets Take Manhattan
Julie and Julia
Short Circuit
March of the Penguins
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Spice World
Planet 51
Muppets From Space

And then there are the TV shows I've missed:
The two episodes of Firefly I hadn't seen
My Name is Earl
Some Dr. Who I hadn't seen
30 Rock
Arrested Development
+ some standup

And then there's the kids shows we've put on for Margaret. It's not good for her to watch it all the time, but I figure that if I give myself time to heal, then we'll be back to going to the park and doing all those things that are healthy for her sooner. If I try to take her out to the park and over do it, I'll be bleeding forever again.

I just wish I had more knitting time. You'd think that all this rest would mean knitting, but I pretty much always have a child wanting to nurse at any given time.

In the meantime, we have some movies in our queue that I need to get back to. Would you believe I've never seen Mr. Smith Goes to Washington? I'm so glad I have Netflix to keep me cultured.


  1. Good for you! I tell the moms that I work with that they just need to focus on getting well in the early weeks... their kids will survive being exposed to TV/movies.

    My husband is NetFlix obsessed. He works at home at a computer mostly and always has a movie on. He just finished "All the Presidents Men" and like it. We recently received "The Hustler" and it was amazing- just a truly groundbreaking film for its time!

    Enjoy your babymoon. I love reading your posts- you are such an inspiration! We are trying to have another baby and if we are so blessed, we will do it unassisted.

    I especially love how your recent birth was just part of your life... I logged on one morning and saw your post that you had given birth. Love it!

  2. We loooove Instant Netflix around here. It's dangerous. We've been watching Bones, which is hilarious.

    Buffy and Angel are also on Instant, if you haven't seen Buffy you should watch! At least the first two seasons :)

    I only like one part of Mr Smith and it's the very very end. I never would have seen it if not for my American Gov class in high school.

    How was Rocky Horror Picture Show? I am curious but worried about yuckiness, you know?

    I'm kinda bummed we didn't get to hang out before you left. Curse my lazyness and my far awayness. I guess I will just have to come visit you!

  3. Vanessa- Happy baby vibes to you!

    Kestrel- There definitely is yuckiness. I think the peak of the movie is at Time Warp. And I miss you too! Don't worry- I read your blog. :)

  4. Glad you're taking the time to relax and heal. :) I haven't seen most of those movies you listed, but I definitely liked Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. :)

  5. Fun! Good for you for just taking it easy. Hopefully your postpartum bleeding will be a lot shorter than it was with Margaret.
    Which of the movies you listed would you recommend? I've seen Muppets in Space, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Muppets Take Manhattan, and Short Circuit, but not for a very long time (either of them). We've been watching Pushing Daisies on Instant Play---it's a fun show. :)
    Happy Babymoon!

  6. I loved Julie and Julia and March of the Penguins. Julie and Julia made me want to get that cookbook and start French cooking!


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.