Friday, August 06, 2010

Day 20

I'm halfway through my 40 day babymoon today. This is going to be hard. It was hard early on because I hurt and didn't feel like it would ever get better. It's hard now because I feel better, but I need to stick to my resolve to not overdo it. I'm at the point where I feel like I can do anything, but walking these hills to the library or park will probably set my healing back a week.

I feel really out of shape and I really want to start getting regular exercise again. Plus I'm so sick of TV, I can't figure out how to get any knitting time in, and I think we're out of quarters for the laundry.

Luckily I've had a couple of visitors this week. That's been nice. And I don't have to do the dishes because McKay has insisted that he will do them for the next couple of weeks.

I have gone out a few ties, and I do have plans to go out others, but I'm trying to limit it. My ward is doing a baby shower for me, so I'll go to that. And then there's LLL later this month and a couple of other errands, but in general, I'm not going anywhere.

I've (surprisingly) been able to nurse Margaret to sleep for her naps. I wasn't sure how it would work without someone to hold Isaac, but I've found a couple tandem nursing positions that work well. She's only getting two hours of nap instead of her regular three because I can't get her back to sleep like I used to, but it's something.

In other news: Isaac's thrush is controlled thanks to grapefruit seed extract. I still have it, though, so we're still fighting it. I've limited my sugar intake and it's making me crazy. I'm always hungry, but I can't eat anything we have. Why do I have to get thrush the week that our CSA box is mostly fruit? Watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches. They're taunting me.

And just when I thought I wouldn't be soaked to the bone in breastmilk, my letdown finally kicked in. I went over 2 weeks thinking, "it's so great to not soak through every shirt I own but still know he's getting enough! He was over 11 pounds last Saturday. Then Wednesday it started happening. Yesterday was worse. I'm never wearing shirts again.

I put ECing on hold this week, but I think I'm going to go back to it. Isaac hates diaper changes. I think it would be easier on him if we just didn't bother with diapers.

I'm looking forward to getting our new carseat. We ordered it a month ago and it's finally been shipped to us. Maybe this weekend?

So that's how we're doing at this point. It's hard to find time to blog, so I haven't done much for WBW. Sorry!


  1. You definitely don't have to apologize for not posting much! (WBW comes every need to enjoy your new baby right now!) I'm glad the thrust is clearing up. When we had it, I tried GSE. It did seem to work, but it was too irritating. And when I diluted it a little more, it stopped working. So, I ended up using Gentian Violet. And I didn't give up sugar...which is probably why our thrush was such a pain to get rid of! (I just have no self control when it comes to sugar! lol)

  2. Not overdoing it is by far the hardest part... but keep up the good not-working-too-hard, okay?

    Congrats on the thrush control. Mine finally faded away on it's own after two+ months of using anti-fungal cream... maybe next time I'll use grapefruit seed extract.

  3. My mom is 55. All her friends have already had to have hysterectomies and she hasn't. She credits this to allowing her body plenty of time to heal after each of her 5 births. I've taken a solid 3 weeks each time. And even then just worked slowly back into things. It's good for us. Take care of yourself.

  4. I totally know what you mean about wearing shirts. I have been avoiding them too. With my crazy engorged boobs, I think I could feed about 4 kids, lol! Well, my boobs at least are trying to.....


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.