Friday, August 20, 2010


I've been thinking about everything I want to pursue when I have time. When I have time? HA!

I've mentioned the blog Zen Habits a couple of times. Some of the posts have really resonated with me and I think about these three a lot: Kill Your To Do List, The End of Busy, and The Best Goal is No Goal. I've also had the pleasure of reading blogs of people who are going out an living their dreams like The Organic Sister. And there are people I know who use their blogs to talk about improving themselves like Tamsin and Jennie. And maybe my Do Nothing babymoon is getting to me because I've been thinking about the next projects I want to tackle.

Yesterday on my knitting blog, I wrote about why I knit. While some of my knitting is from necessity (diaper covers) I do like knitting as and art and have enjoyed the yarnbombing I've done. I've also looked into other artforms like drawing, painting, sculpture, etc. I have some ideas of things I'd like to try, but I'm still in the "collecting inspiration" stage.

Besides art, there's something else I've wanted to do for years, but I haven't been fit enough to do it. So I'd like to start getting myself ready to do it. What is it? I'm not sure if I want to share right now but it doesn't involve running, so you all can stop entertaining your "I wonder how sweaty she'll be after running a marathon" thoughts.

I've also felt like I should do more pen and paper writing in addition to blogging. It wouldn't hurt to listen to the voice in the back of my head occasionally.

I want to keep up the lactivism. I've been on a little break lately, but I really do enjoy it. That's what this blog is for! :)

Writing this all out makes it seem like I'm tackling the world. I'm not. In fact, there are a few things I've decided that I'm not going to work on. For one, I'm not going to bog myself down with housecleaning. It was depressing for me to realize how often I lament on my blogs and in my journal that my home isn't neat and clean. And what is the product of all that? Just more negative energy and guilt. So I have decided, "To Hell with it all!" As long as my family won't get sick from living in the house and I can find things in a reasonable amount of time, then it's good enough for me. I'll have plenty of opportunities to guilt myself over "a house of order" later.

I'm also not going to get into scrapbooking; I'm not very sentimental. And I'm not going to sew. I already have one expensive hobby; I don't want another. I may or may not try to decorate the house. It depends on if I feel like it. There are still no pictures on our walls because I have to go get new frames and print some pictures out. All of that costs money!

Essentially, I want to do what I want to do. Maybe I'm having my quarterlife crisis, who knows?

Why am I even mentioning this? Well, I'm trying to figure out if I want to blog about my progress in my various endeavors and if I want to blog about them or not. Infiknity, with the tagline, "Where things happen that don't" seems to fit this and since I use that space for my knitted projects, adding art projects/inspiration and such to that blog wouldn't be a huge leap. But then there are you readers who might be interested in seeing them on this blog. And then there's the "Should I make a fitness blog?" question. Making my attempt to get fit public might be more motivating. I've also considered just posting a "Look I did it!" post when I finally do that thing I want to get fit for. But the journey might be interesting. And I could put that all on Infiknity, since I put my WIPs and FOs there: charting my WIP fitness journey could work on that blog. Or I could put it here. Or make a new blog. I know bloggers who make new blogs for various projects and I know bloggers who keep it all in one place. There's also the option of merging Infiknity to this one and having it here: knitting and all. What do you think?

Oh and a random picture to reward you for reading all that:


  1. Keep all your endeavors/projects in one place!

  2. I keep all my stuff in one place, even if it's not as organized that way. I would love to read here about your knitting and fitness journey and...whatever else you want to share!

  3. My vote is: Don't combine! I love your blog and I read every post, but I have NO interest in knitting or it other people's fitness goals.

    I just tried to read your post on Infiknity about why you love knitting and I couldn't even get through that one post. I didn't understand half the words and honestly I don't care to.

    I used to be really into fitness and at that point in my life I would have liked to read about other's fitness routines, but now I would be bored reading that.

    Likewise, I'm guessing that many of the readers that like to read about knitting or fitness will not be interested in lactivism or intactivism or UC or EC.

    Those of your readers that are interested in all three genres of blogs can read all three blogs.

    That's my humble opinion.

  4. I enjoy anything and everything you post. For me it is easier just to keep it all in one place.

  5. I couldn't keep up two blogs, let alone more. So I'm ok with you putting it all together in one place, as long as it means you keep blogging!!! (My curiosity is now dying to know what you want to get fit for!!!)

  6. He sure looks snuggly and cozy! I second your ignoring of housework!

  7. I like the idea of merging the knitting and the fitness together. Not too much stuff going on and you already have a base of people who will read and comment. I personally need other people around me to keep up with my workout goals. If I try to do it alone then I end up right back where I started. That is why I have to have friends, fitness classes, or coaches push me to what I want to be doing. I bet that encouragement and words of wisdom from others could be great motivators to stay on track.
    It seems silly but, I think taking care of ourselves is the hardest thing do do. So much easier to get myself to take care of others.


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.