Monday, September 27, 2010


Today is my blogiversary and if you look at the archive list in the side bar, you'll notice that it's the big 5.

5 years. FIVE years? I need to celebrate or something, but I'll probably just do some dishes and nursing and reading.

When I started blogging 5 years ago, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I was 19, single, and childless. I was in college and I didn't even know that lactivism was a thing. Now I can't seem to get away from lactivism!

Over these 5 years, my blog has been a catalyst for personal growth. I've met lots of interesting people through the Internet and mad some good friends. I've also dealt with trolls and other less than savory folk. I've run into new ideas and learned about sensitivity. I've definitely stumbled and blundered on the way, and sometimes I've shined and written posts that rock.

It's interesting what 5 years does to you and I look forward to the next 5. I've contemplated getting my own url and a hosting service, but part of me really likes the lowly blog set up. I kind of feel like having my own site would put extra pressure on me to be awesome. I'm sorry, but I can only be awesome part-time. :)

But awesome or not, I'll keep blogging. If there's something you want to hear more about here, let me know! Thanks for reading and being patient with me!

Yay for webcams!


  1. Happy Blogiversary!!!!

  2. absolutely beautiful family! happy bloggiversary :)

  3. Congrats and I notice that Margaret is signing "cheese" so cute!

  4. "I'm sorry, but I can only be awesome part-time." hehehe...I think this is why I'm not getting my own url, too. I've only been at it for 2 years. Way to go on 5! And you're awesome more than just part time!

  5. You're awesome all the time! Happy Blogiversary!

  6. Happy, happy blogiversary, and many more! Five years is quite the milestone! And I, for one, think you've already achieved awesome all the time.


Please review my blog comment policy here before commenting. You may not use the name "Anonymous." You must use a Google Account, OpenID, or type in a name in the OpenID option. You can make one up if you need to. Even if your comment is productive and adding to the conversation, I will not publish it if it is anonymous.